Earn 25% Bonus Miles When You Transfer Citi Points to Flying Blue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
Citi ThankYou is offering cardholders 25% bonus miles on transfers to Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue program. The standard transfer rate is 1,000 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points. However, with this promo, cardholders will receive 1,250 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points.
This promotion is available through July 20, 2019. Additionally, there is no limit to how many times this offer can be redeemed.
Cards That Earn Citi ThankYou Points
- Citi Premier® Card – Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months
- Citi Prestige® Card – Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months
The Flying Blue frequent flyer program is a mixed bag. Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue uses dynamic award pricing, which is not great. That being said, award redemptions are reasonable for the most part. One benefit of transferring points to Flying Blue is that Flying Blue members have access to better award availability than frequent flyers from partner airlines.
Additionally, Flying Blue offers fantastic monthly award redemption promotions. Flying Blue promotions for June 2019 can be found below:
With the Citi ThankYou transfer bonus, award flights in business class between Paris and Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) start at just 35,000 ThankYou points. To take advantage of this reduced award redemption, transfer 35,000 ThankYou points to Flying Blue and receive 43,750 miles through July 20.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.