Earn 25% Bonus Miles When You Transfer Citi Points to Flying Blue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi ThankYou is offering cardholders 25% bonus miles on transfers to Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue program. The standard transfer rate is 1,000 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points. However, with this promo, cardholders will receive 1,250 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points.
This promotion is available through July 20, 2019. Additionally, there is no limit to how many times this offer can be redeemed.
Cards That Earn Citi ThankYou Points
- Citi Premier Card – Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months
- Citi Prestige Card – Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months
The Flying Blue frequent flyer program is a mixed bag. Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue uses dynamic award pricing, which is not great. That being said, award redemptions are reasonable for the most part. One benefit of transferring points to Flying Blue is that Flying Blue members have access to better award availability than frequent flyers from partner airlines.
Additionally, Flying Blue offers fantastic monthly award redemption promotions. Flying Blue promotions for June 2019 can be found below:
With the Citi ThankYou transfer bonus, award flights in business class between Paris and Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) start at just 35,000 ThankYou points. To take advantage of this reduced award redemption, transfer 35,000 ThankYou points to Flying Blue and receive 43,750 miles through July 20.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.