Earn 25% Bonus Miles When You Transfer Citi Points to Flying Blue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
Citi ThankYou is offering cardholders 25% bonus miles on transfers to Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue program. The standard transfer rate is 1,000 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points. However, with this promo, cardholders will receive 1,250 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou points.
This promotion is available through July 20, 2019. Additionally, there is no limit to how many times this offer can be redeemed.
Cards That Earn Citi ThankYou Points
- Citi Premier® Card – Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Citi Prestige® Card – Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months
The Flying Blue frequent flyer program is a mixed bag. Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue uses dynamic award pricing, which is not great. That being said, award redemptions are reasonable for the most part. One benefit of transferring points to Flying Blue is that Flying Blue members have access to better award availability than frequent flyers from partner airlines.
Additionally, Flying Blue offers fantastic monthly award redemption promotions. Flying Blue promotions for June 2019 can be found below:
With the Citi ThankYou transfer bonus, award flights in business class between Paris and Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) start at just 35,000 ThankYou points. To take advantage of this reduced award redemption, transfer 35,000 ThankYou points to Flying Blue and receive 43,750 miles through July 20.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees