Targeted Amex offers: Earn cash back on your cellphone bill
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you haven’t checked your Amex Offers recently, you may want to fire up your online account. American Express is targeting some lucky cardholders with the opportunity to save or earn bonus points on their monthly bills with three new offers.
Several TPG-ers woke up this morning to a new Amex Offer, offering cash back on your cell phone bill. Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll get a statement credit of 20% (up to $50 total) after paying your phone bill using your card before New Year’s Eve. We saw this offer on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, but you may want to check all of your cards. As a longtime T-Mobile account holder, TPG’s Victoria Walker gets even more benefits from this targeted offer.
She gets $5 off her $115 phone bill every month when using autopay, which means she can use the Business Platinum card and take advantage of both offers, saving nearly $30 total.
Through November 5, you can get 20% back as a statement credit on your insurance bill, up to $85. This includes most forms of insurance, such as health and car, though government-backed insurance policies may be excluded. TPG Director and Senior Analyst Julian Kheel received this offer on his Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, but this offer appears to be widespread across Amex’s portfolio of business cards.
Finally, through November 30, cardholders of Delta-branded cards like the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express can get four additional Delta miles per dollar spent on cable or satellite TV bills. The maximum number of bonus miles you can earn with this offer is 1,500 miles, worth $18 based on TPG’s valuations.
To check to see if you’re targeted or to enroll for any of these offers, log in to your Amex account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section, then click “Add to Card” on the appropriate offer to complete the registration. As a reminder, offers are limited to one card per cardmember, so you’ll want to add it to the card that offers the best return on spending in that category.
Featured image by franckreporter / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees