Targeted Amex offers: Earn cash back on your cellphone bill
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you haven’t checked your Amex Offers recently, you may want to fire up your online account. American Express is targeting some lucky cardholders with the opportunity to save or earn bonus points on their monthly bills with three new offers.
Several TPG-ers woke up this morning to a new Amex Offer, offering cash back on your cell phone bill. Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll get a statement credit of 20% (up to $50 total) after paying your phone bill using your card before New Year’s Eve. We saw this offer on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, but you may want to check all of your cards. As a longtime T-Mobile account holder, TPG’s Victoria Walker gets even more benefits from this targeted offer.
She gets $5 off her $115 phone bill every month when using autopay, which means she can use the Business Platinum card and take advantage of both offers, saving nearly $30 total.
Through November 5, you can get 20% back as a statement credit on your insurance bill, up to $85. This includes most forms of insurance, such as health and car, though government-backed insurance policies may be excluded. TPG Director and Senior Analyst Julian Kheel received this offer on his Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, but this offer appears to be widespread across Amex’s portfolio of business cards.
Finally, through November 30, cardholders of Delta-branded cards like the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express can get four additional Delta miles per dollar spent on cable or satellite TV bills. The maximum number of bonus miles you can earn with this offer is 1,500 miles, worth $18 based on TPG’s valuations.
To check to see if you’re targeted or to enroll for any of these offers, log in to your Amex account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section, then click “Add to Card” on the appropriate offer to complete the registration. As a reminder, offers are limited to one card per cardmember, so you’ll want to add it to the card that offers the best return on spending in that category.
Featured image by franckreporter / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees