Another International Airline Joins the TSA PreCheck Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One more international airline has been added to the growing list of carriers that participate in the Transportation Security Administration’s PreCheck program. On Thursday, the TSA announced that Swiss International Air Lines has joined the PreCheck program.
Effective immediately, travelers flying with Swiss and members of the PreCheck program can now use the expedited security lanes. Swiss currently operates nonstop flights from Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK and EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) to Zurich (ZRH), as well as from New York (JFK) to Geneva (GVA).
With Thursday’s announcement, a total of 54 domestic and international carriers are part of the program:
Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, Air Serbia, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Aruba Airlines, Avianca, Boutique Airlines ,British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cape Air, Cathay Pacific Airways, Condor Airlines, Contour Aviation, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Dominican Wings, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, InterCaribbean Airways, JetBlue Airways, Key Lime Air, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Miami Air International, OneJet, Philippine Airlines, Porter Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Seaborne Airlines, Silver Airways, Singapore Airlines, Southern Airways Express, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Swift Air, Thomas Cook Airlines (Scan.), Thomas Cook Airlines (UK), Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, WestJet, World Atlantic, Xtra Airways
If you don’t have TSA PreCheck or Global Entry — which grants TSA PreCheck privileges — make sure to sign up for a card that includes this as a benefit.
PreCheck is available at more than 200 US airports. According to the TSA, nearly 93% of passengers in PreCheck lanes have waited less than five minutes to date in 2018.
Featured photo by Joe Raedle / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.