Another International Airline Joins the TSA PreCheck Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One more international airline has been added to the growing list of carriers that participate in the Transportation Security Administration’s PreCheck program. On Thursday, the TSA announced that Swiss International Air Lines has joined the PreCheck program.
Effective immediately, travelers flying with Swiss and members of the PreCheck program can now use the expedited security lanes. Swiss currently operates nonstop flights from Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK and EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) to Zurich (ZRH), as well as from New York (JFK) to Geneva (GVA).
With Thursday’s announcement, a total of 54 domestic and international carriers are part of the program:
Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, Air Serbia, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Aruba Airlines, Avianca, Boutique Airlines ,British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cape Air, Cathay Pacific Airways, Condor Airlines, Contour Aviation, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Dominican Wings, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, InterCaribbean Airways, JetBlue Airways, Key Lime Air, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Miami Air International, OneJet, Philippine Airlines, Porter Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Seaborne Airlines, Silver Airways, Singapore Airlines, Southern Airways Express, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Swift Air, Thomas Cook Airlines (Scan.), Thomas Cook Airlines (UK), Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, WestJet, World Atlantic, Xtra Airways
If you don’t have TSA PreCheck or Global Entry — which grants TSA PreCheck privileges — make sure to sign up for a card that includes this as a benefit.
PreCheck is available at more than 200 US airports. According to the TSA, nearly 93% of passengers in PreCheck lanes have waited less than five minutes to date in 2018.
Featured photo by Joe Raedle / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees