Sun Country adds new routes from Madison, Wisconsin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sun Country Airlines, the Minneapolis-based low cost carrier, announced that it would start seasonal routes from Madison, Wisconsin to Orlando and Las Vegas on Dec. 19.
Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s chief revenue officer said in a statement. “Orlando and Vegas are popular warm-weather winter destinations for our guests in the Midwest. We’ve been very happy with our reception in Madison, and we look forward to introducing more guests to our great service, comfortable onboard experience and low fares.”
Sun Country positively surprised TPG senior writer JT Genter during a recent flight, when he found “service better than many legacy airlines.” The airline flies a small fleet of Boeing 737s, most of them configured in a tight single-class layout.
Tickets for the routes are already on sale on the airline’s website, and fares to Las Vegas start as low as $69 each way.
Sun Country has been serving Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) with seasonal routes to Fort Myers and Tampa, Florida since Sept. 2018, but the airline does not have any year-round flights to Madison.
“Passengers of south-central Wisconsin love to see the continued support and commitment from our newest airline Sun Country,” Kim Jones, the airport’s director said in a statement.
Sun Country now serves 53 different airports and its route network grew nearly 65 percent in the last year, according to the airline.
Featured photo by JT Genter / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.