This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sun Country Airlines, the Minneapolis-based low cost carrier, announced that it would start seasonal routes from Madison, Wisconsin to Orlando and Las Vegas on Dec. 19.
Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s chief revenue officer said in a statement. “Orlando and Vegas are popular warm-weather winter destinations for our guests in the Midwest. We’ve been very happy with our reception in Madison, and we look forward to introducing more guests to our great service, comfortable onboard experience and low fares.”
Sun Country positively surprised TPG senior writer JT Genter during a recent flight, when he found “service better than many legacy airlines.” The airline flies a small fleet of Boeing 737s, most of them configured in a tight single-class layout.
Tickets for the routes are already on sale on the airline’s website, and fares to Las Vegas start as low as $69 each way.
Sun Country has been serving Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) with seasonal routes to Fort Myers and Tampa, Florida since Sept. 2018, but the airline does not have any year-round flights to Madison.
“Passengers of south-central Wisconsin love to see the continued support and commitment from our newest airline Sun Country,” Kim Jones, the airport’s director said in a statement.
Sun Country now serves 53 different airports and its route network grew nearly 65 percent in the last year, according to the airline.
Featured photo by JT Genter / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees