Spirit Flight Attendant Does Standup Routine Before Takeoff
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Spirit flight out of Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD) was off to a rough start until a flight attendant took it upon himself to loosen up passengers with a stand-up routine. Though delayed and without air conditioning, the flight took off in good temper.
Recorded by a passenger, footage shows the flight attendant going above and beyond safety precautions – extensively showing passengers how to properly use the lavatory, warning against Spirit’s poor customer service standards and even throwing out some tips on getting rest.
When he noticed the passenger was filming, the flight attendant adjusted the lighting “because [he] just got his chin done.”
In his lavatory tutorial, he reminded passengers to flush the toilet after every use. Then adding, “for some of you push it twice.” He also showed the flight how to close the lavatory door without waking babies. “Why? Because we are the world. We are the children,” he recited.
He stuck with protocol when pointing out the assistance button overhead, until he swerved off-script again. He immediately explained that Spirit has a pretty bad reputation for customer service and then suggested, “I wouldn’t bother pushing that button.”
Right before takeoff, the flight attendant made some suggestions for passengers to get comfortable for the flight. He quickly listed off a list of 15 prescription drugs for passengers to take and share with their neighbors. For children, though, the flight attendant recommended to “do a moral inventory or just do what my mom used to: She broke it in half and then gave it to me.”
The comedy seemed to be well received; by the end of the three-and-a-half minute introduction, laughs can be heard from throughout the plane. The video was uploaded to the Facebook page of the passenger, Rod Leon Amerkhanov with the caption, “flight delayed, A/C is broken, babies are crying, everyone is moody, way to raise passengers’ spirit.. stand-up comedy on board .”
The video even had the TPG office laughing out loud. But don’t take our word for it – watch the video yourself!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees