Spirit Airlines Brings Self-Service Bag Drop to Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Those recovering from a little too much fun in Sin City will have one fewer person to deal with at the airport — if they’re flying Spirit.
The ultra low-cost carrier rolled out self-service bag drop stations at the McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas as it continues to expand its footprint there.
“Our growth and investment in Las Vegas has been an ongoing mission for Spirit Airlines,” Mike Byrom, the company’s vice president of airport services said in a statement. He added that the new machines are a way to improve the travel experience for all Spirit passengers at the airport. (Which is as bare-bones as it gets, in the air as well.)
Passengers who want to use the machines will be able to pay for and tag their own bags at airport kiosks, and then scan their identification and drop the luggage at automated conveyor belts.
Passengers who still wish to use traditional, staffed bag-drop stations will still have that option.
According to Spirit, such systems are already common in Europe and the airline said it gives travelers more control over their experience.
The airport’s partnership with Spirit on this initiative is the first time automated bag drop stations will be available at LAS, but an airport spokesman said in a statement that he hopes to see the service expanded in the future.
- Everything You Should Know Before Flying Spirit Airlines
- Six Tips for Flying Spirit Airlines With a Family
- Is the Spirit Big Front Seat Worth It?
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees