One of India’s Biggest Airlines Is Hiring Flight Attendants… But Only If They’re Under 30, Female and Single
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a flight attendant? If you’re job-hunting to take on a flight attendant role, one of India’s largest airlines is hiring — but applicants have to fit a very specific set of qualifications.
SpiceJet recently posted an open call on its careers page, soliciting pilot applicants for its Q-400 fleet as well as detailed requirements for cabin crew members.
Flight attendant candidates must be female, well educated, between the ages of 18-27, at least 5’1″, with near-perfect vision and with “weight in proportion to height,” whatever that arbitrary metric may be. Candidates must also be unmarried, have a “pleasing personality with an unblemished complexion and good body language.” And as far as skills and competencies go, eligible applicants will have “excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Hindi and English,” as well as the “confidence and ability to handle passengers and provide only the best customer service.”
None of the other departments in which the airline is hiring— pilots, airport services, security or medical officer — require that applicants be male- or female-only.
Earlier this year, SpiceJet flight attendants spoke out against the airline after a “degrading strip-search.” SpiceJet claimed that the inspection was “standard operating procedure.”
Featured image by Mint / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees