One of India’s Biggest Airlines Is Hiring Flight Attendants… But Only If They’re Under 30, Female and Single
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a flight attendant? If you’re job-hunting to take on a flight attendant role, one of India’s largest airlines is hiring — but applicants have to fit a very specific set of qualifications.
SpiceJet recently posted an open call on its careers page, soliciting pilot applicants for its Q-400 fleet as well as detailed requirements for cabin crew members.
Flight attendant candidates must be female, well educated, between the ages of 18-27, at least 5’1″, with near-perfect vision and with “weight in proportion to height,” whatever that arbitrary metric may be. Candidates must also be unmarried, have a “pleasing personality with an unblemished complexion and good body language.” And as far as skills and competencies go, eligible applicants will have “excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Hindi and English,” as well as the “confidence and ability to handle passengers and provide only the best customer service.”
None of the other departments in which the airline is hiring— pilots, airport services, security or medical officer — require that applicants be male- or female-only.
Earlier this year, SpiceJet flight attendants spoke out against the airline after a “degrading strip-search.” SpiceJet claimed that the inspection was “standard operating procedure.”
Featured image by Mint / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.