This Space Hotel Says It Will Be Open for Business by 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab three of your closest friends because in just three short years you’ll (allegedly) be able to see the world from a different perspective at the first ever luxury space hotel, the Aurora Station. The company is projected to launch in 2021, with its first guest-accompanied trip in 2022. If you’re used to flying at 35,000 feet, get ready to test the air at a height of 200 miles (1,056,000 feet) above the Earth’s surface.
A trip on the Aurora Station will host six people, including two crew members, in its 12×35-foot confines, and tour for 12 days. The best part? It’ll only cost you a cool $9.5 million.
To prep, travelers will undergo an included three-month training course — condensed from the historical 12-month period — where travelers will learn about spacecraft systems, contingency training and weightlessness practice.
Throughout the 12-day stay, the not-quite-astronauts will be given an experience that resembles home on Earth with a few added quirks, like space suites and zero-gravity. Like any decent hotel, this one will have high-speed Internet access so that you can still phone home.
It seems that the Aurora Station has the customer experience at the forefront of its mind as well: “With customizable private sleeping pods, top-quality space food and luxury design details, Aurora Station is ushering in a new era of space travel, setting the bar higher than ever before,” says Frank Bunger, CEO and founder of Orion Span.
The overall experience will consist of a zero-gravity environment. The station will orbit the Earth every 90 minutes, providing views of 16 sunrises and sunsets every 24 hours. But the views aren’t the only selling point of the endeavor. Travelers will be able to partake in other activities, like conducting experimental research, flying over their hometown and playing zero-gravity pingpong.
So, are you sold yet?
H/T: CNN Travel
Featured image by Orion Span
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees