Parents Warned Southwest of Child’s Severe Allergy — Flight Attendants Still Served Peanuts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A nine-year-old child had a severe allergic reaction aboard a Southwest Airlines flight after peanuts were served on the plane Tuesday morning.
The child’s parents said they warned the gate agents of their son Christian’s severe peanut allergy when they made their reservation and before boarding the flight from Atlanta (ATL) to Houston (HOU).
“We checked in and made sure they knew about the peanut allergy,” Christian’s mom, Chelsia Calvert, told Click 2 Houston. “It was also on his original ticket.”
Despite their warnings, the family says they were still served peanuts on board the flight. ” [The flight attendant] handed me some peanuts and that’s when, as a mom, I just basically broke down — ‘what do you mean?’” Calvert said. “How many have been handed out?”
The Calverts said the flight attendant told them she forgot about their son’s allergy.
Christian’s allergy is a level six, the most severe. Peanut dust in the air can cause a reaction, and that’s what happened on board the plane. His throat began to close, and his parents had to administer an EpiPen.
“In all honesty, we were not sure what was going to happen,” Christian’s father, Derrick Calvert, told Click 2 Houston. “We still had another 45 minutes at least in the air before we were able to land.”
According Southwest’s disability policy, which includes allergies, “customers with disabilities are not required to provide advance notice of the need for assistance; however, doing so helps us better prepare for the number of Customers who will need our help.”
Southwest Spokesperson Lisa Tiller tells TPG the airline issued an initial statement on the situation on March 27:
“We want every Customer to have a safe and enjoyable flight. Because it is nearly impossible for those who have an allergy to peanut dust to avoid triggering a reaction if peanut dust is in the air, Southwest Airlines is unable to guarantee a peanut-free or allergen-free flight. We do have procedures in place to assist our Customers with severe allergies to peanut dust and will make every attempt not to serve packaged peanuts on the aircraft when our Customers alert us of their allergy to peanut dust. For more information about options when traveling with a peanut dust allergy, click here and select allergies in the left navigation bar.”
Southwest also issued a follow-up statement the next day:
“We have followed up with the appropriate Southwest teams in regards to the Calvert family’s experience on our flight yesterday. We have communicated our sincere apologies to the family and our Customer Relations Department will continue to work directly with Ms. Calvert.”
Featured image by Tomás Del Coro / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees