Buy Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) gift cards and get a 20% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You might not be traveling right now, or even any time soon, but if you want to save money on your next luxury hotel stay here’s a great deal for you.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
From now until June 30, 2020, you’ll earn a 20% bonus on all Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) gift cards to use at any of the chain’s 530 hotels in 90 countries. Additionally, SLH extended the validity of all gift cards to 18 months. Note that this promotion applies to gift cards with a value of $100 or more.
That means that if you purchase a $100 gift card, you’ll get a $20 bonus. There doesn’t seem to be a limit on how much money you can load to the gift card, either. I accidentally typed in $10,000 when I meant to type in $1,000 and I was pleased to see the 20% discount was still in effect.
You can also purchase multiple gifts per online transaction by adding them to your shopping cart before checking out. Note that gift cards can only be used for room nights, together with food, beverages and other hotel services, at all participating SLH hotels.
SLH properties aren’t cheap, so this discount could come in handy if you’re dead set on staying at one of these hotels in the coming months. For instance, the Keemala, located in Phuket, Thailand, is offering Tree Pool Houses, with rainforest and resort views, for $750 a night, including taxes. If you purchased a $620 gift card, you’d get an additional $126 because of the bonus which would cover the cost of the room.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World operates its own loyalty program, called “Invited.” It doesn’t take much to earn great perks — you’ll get free breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, free Wi-Fi and more after your first stay each year, with the ability to unlock higher tiers with more stays.
Keep in mind you can now redeem World of Hyatt points for stays at many SLH properties, so before you consider paying cash for a stay, be sure to check out the points price.
Featured photo courtesy of SLH.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees