Skip the traffic and take to Miami’s skies with BLADE charter flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bienvenidos a Miami! It’s the best time of year to get away to this thriving city for events like Art Basel, the Super Bowl, the Miami Open. Unfortunately, everyone else is thinking the same thing you are, especially as temperatures drop throughout the rest of the nation. Commute times between the greater Miami area and the hottest spots in Miami Beach can easily surpass the two-hour mark — and sitting in humidity and stand-still traffic is nobody’s idea of a good vacation.
Fortunately, BLADE has a getaway option for discerning travelers for whom time is of the essence. It isn’t magic, but it might as well be: You and up to seven travel companions can hop in a BLADE aircraft from any of BLADE’s five Miami launch pads, and find yourself outside of Miami Beach’s top hotels in as little as five minutes.
Once your BLADE aircraft lands at the Miami Beach Landing Zone, managed by BLADE partner ILandMiami, you’ll be escorted to a 40-foot Vanquish motorboat for another quick transfer to your hotel’s canal dock. All told, the whole commute can take as little as 15 minutes, and offer some unbelievable views of Miami to boot.
The service is available to Miami Beach from four airports: the BLADE Lounge Miami at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF), Miami International Airport (MIA), Palm Beach Airport (PBI) and Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL). The routes are operated either by helicopter or seaplane depending on your route, and run daily in both directions through March 2020. Rates begin at $1,370 for a six-seat Bell 407 helicopter or $2,970 eight-seat seaplane from MIA to Miami Beach.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.