Skip the traffic and take to Miami’s skies with BLADE charter flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bienvenidos a Miami! It’s the best time of year to get away to this thriving city for events like Art Basel, the Super Bowl, the Miami Open. Unfortunately, everyone else is thinking the same thing you are, especially as temperatures drop throughout the rest of the nation. Commute times between the greater Miami area and the hottest spots in Miami Beach can easily surpass the two-hour mark — and sitting in humidity and stand-still traffic is nobody’s idea of a good vacation.
Fortunately, BLADE has a getaway option for discerning travelers for whom time is of the essence. It isn’t magic, but it might as well be: You and up to seven travel companions can hop in a BLADE aircraft from any of BLADE’s five Miami launch pads, and find yourself outside of Miami Beach’s top hotels in as little as five minutes.
Once your BLADE aircraft lands at the Miami Beach Landing Zone, managed by BLADE partner ILandMiami, you’ll be escorted to a 40-foot Vanquish motorboat for another quick transfer to your hotel’s canal dock. All told, the whole commute can take as little as 15 minutes, and offer some unbelievable views of Miami to boot.
The service is available to Miami Beach from four airports: the BLADE Lounge Miami at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF), Miami International Airport (MIA), Palm Beach Airport (PBI) and Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL). The routes are operated either by helicopter or seaplane depending on your route, and run daily in both directions through March 2020. Rates begin at $1,370 for a six-seat Bell 407 helicopter or $2,970 eight-seat seaplane from MIA to Miami Beach.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees