Singapore Airlines is now flying nonstop from Seattle to Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Seattle became the fourth US city to land nonstop service to Singapore today. Singapore Airlines launched service on the route Tuesday, its inaugural departure from Seattle coming at 11:13am PT on SQ Flight 27 to Singapore’s Changi Airport.
For this new service, Singapore Airlines is using an A350-900LR aircraft with a three-class configuration (42 business class, 24 premium economy and 187 economy) that will fly between Seattle (SEA) and Singapore (SIN) three times a week throughout September. Scheduled flight time in the direction of Singapore is just short of 16 hours. Service on the route will expand to four flights a week in October, when Singapore Airlines adds another A350-900 to its fleet.
The SEA-SIN service complements the airline’s other West Coast gateways in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Sek Eng Lee, Singapore Airline’s Regional Vice President for the Americas, said in an interview. It also comes amid increasing travel demand from both the corporate and the leisure markets in the Seattle and the greater Pacific Northwest markets.
“We thought it was time for Singapore Airlines to launch a new gateway and offer consumers another option to fly to Singapore and beyond, to other parts of Asia and Australia,” said Lee.
The new SEA-SIN flight brings Singapore Airlines’ in-flight Wellness program to the Seattle market and includes health-focused meals, exercise and stretching videos and sleep strategies developed in consultation with wellness brand Canyon Ranch.
The airlines’ food and beverage teams are also exploring adding locally sourced Pacific Northwest items to the in-flight menu.
“Things like salmon, coffee and even wine,” said Lee. And while nothing is ready to announce just yet, Lee added: “We are also looking at farm-to-plane programs and hopefully can work with farms in the Seattle region that can deliver directly to our inflight kitchen at the airport.”
The new SEA-SIN Singapore Airlines flight will be the first-ever nonstop flight from Sea-Tac Airport to Southeast Asia. And, at 15-hours and 50-minutes, the 8,070-mile journey from Seattle to Singapore will become the longest nonstop flight from SEA airport, taking the spot from the Seattle-Dubai flight on Emirates. The route covers 7,425 miles and clocks in at “just” 14 hours and 15 minutes.
Seattle becomes the fourth US city with nonstop service to Singapore, joining Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO).
In Seattle, Singapore Airlines is marking the launch of the new SEA-SIN flight with several special events in town and a traditional Lion Dance at the gate. The airline has also commissioned Seattle-based producer and musician Chong the Nomad to create a special music mix using elements of the A350 aircraft as a musical instrument.
See how everything from the airplane’s tires and the seats to the seat belts and flight attendants’ announcements are put to good use.
Featured photo by C. v. Grinsven/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees