This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a New York-style burger in the land of the chilli crab and Singapore sling? Then you’re in luck — if you can wait a year.
On Tuesday, Shake Shack announced that it will be opening a new location at Jewel Changi Airport: a vast new mixed-use space expected to open as an extension of Singapore Changi (SIN) in 2019.
The franchise’s new Shack outpost in Singapore will be reminiscent of the Shake Shack flagship in New York City’s Madison Square Park, thanks to the Jewel’s gleaming glass and steel dome containing tree-filled parks and gardens.
In a statement, Shake Shack said that it “intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shack for the Singapore community.” Though the ingredients may be local, travelers passing through SIN can expect to find all of the burger joint’s signature menu items, including the ShackBurger, crinkle-cut fries and famous frozen custard treats.
Until Shake Shack opens its doors in Singapore, travelers can continue to grab a preflight frozen custard Concrete shake at Shake Shack’s other airport locations, including Los Angeles International (LAX), New York-JFK, Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL), Kuwait International (KWI), Incheon (ICN) and Dubai International (DXB), where the Shack is located in Terminal 3.
Singapore isn’t the only major metropolis in Asia welcoming a Shake Shack in 2019. Danny Meyer’s cult chain is also expanding its reach to Shanghai and Manila. Earlier this year, Shake Shack also announced plans to open more airport locations in hubs across North America: New York-LGA, for example, will be welcoming a Shake Shack later this year in the refreshed Terminal B.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees