This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a New York-style burger in the land of the chilli crab and Singapore sling? Then you’re in luck — if you can wait a year.
On Tuesday, Shake Shack announced that it will be opening a new location at Jewel Changi Airport: a vast new mixed-use space expected to open as an extension of Singapore Changi (SIN) in 2019.
The franchise’s new Shack outpost in Singapore will be reminiscent of the Shake Shack flagship in New York City’s Madison Square Park, thanks to the Jewel’s gleaming glass and steel dome containing tree-filled parks and gardens.
In a statement, Shake Shack said that it “intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shack for the Singapore community.” Though the ingredients may be local, travelers passing through SIN can expect to find all of the burger joint’s signature menu items, including the ShackBurger, crinkle-cut fries and famous frozen custard treats.
Until Shake Shack opens its doors in Singapore, travelers can continue to grab a preflight frozen custard Concrete shake at Shake Shack’s other airport locations, including Los Angeles International (LAX), New York-JFK, Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL), Kuwait International (KWI), Incheon (ICN) and Dubai International (DXB), where the Shack is located in Terminal 3.
Singapore isn’t the only major metropolis in Asia welcoming a Shake Shack in 2019. Danny Meyer’s cult chain is also expanding its reach to Shanghai and Manila. Earlier this year, Shake Shack also announced plans to open more airport locations in hubs across North America: New York-LGA, for example, will be welcoming a Shake Shack later this year in the refreshed Terminal B.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards