Shake Shack Announces a New Location in Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a New York-style burger in the land of the chilli crab and Singapore sling? Then you’re in luck — if you can wait a year.
On Tuesday, Shake Shack announced that it will be opening a new location at Jewel Changi Airport: a vast new mixed-use space expected to open as an extension of Singapore Changi (SIN) in 2019.
The franchise’s new Shack outpost in Singapore will be reminiscent of the Shake Shack flagship in New York City’s Madison Square Park, thanks to the Jewel’s gleaming glass and steel dome containing tree-filled parks and gardens.
In a statement, Shake Shack said that it “intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shack for the Singapore community.” Though the ingredients may be local, travelers passing through SIN can expect to find all of the burger joint’s signature menu items, including the ShackBurger, crinkle-cut fries and famous frozen custard treats.
Until Shake Shack opens its doors in Singapore, travelers can continue to grab a preflight frozen custard Concrete shake at Shake Shack’s other airport locations, including Los Angeles International (LAX), New York-JFK, Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL), Kuwait International (KWI), Incheon (ICN) and Dubai International (DXB), where the Shack is located in Terminal 3.
Singapore isn’t the only major metropolis in Asia welcoming a Shake Shack in 2019. Danny Meyer’s cult chain is also expanding its reach to Shanghai and Manila. Earlier this year, Shake Shack also announced plans to open more airport locations in hubs across North America: New York-LGA, for example, will be welcoming a Shake Shack later this year in the refreshed Terminal B.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee