This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a New York-style burger in the land of the chilli crab and Singapore sling? Then you’re in luck — if you can wait a year.
On Tuesday, Shake Shack announced that it will be opening a new location at Jewel Changi Airport: a vast new mixed-use space expected to open as an extension of Singapore Changi (SIN) in 2019.
The franchise’s new Shack outpost in Singapore will be reminiscent of the Shake Shack flagship in New York City’s Madison Square Park, thanks to the Jewel’s gleaming glass and steel dome containing tree-filled parks and gardens.
In a statement, Shake Shack said that it “intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shack for the Singapore community.” Though the ingredients may be local, travelers passing through SIN can expect to find all of the burger joint’s signature menu items, including the ShackBurger, crinkle-cut fries and famous frozen custard treats.
Until Shake Shack opens its doors in Singapore, travelers can continue to grab a preflight frozen custard Concrete shake at Shake Shack’s other airport locations, including Los Angeles International (LAX), New York-JFK, Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL), Kuwait International (KWI), Incheon (ICN) and Dubai International (DXB), where the Shack is located in Terminal 3.
Singapore isn’t the only major metropolis in Asia welcoming a Shake Shack in 2019. Danny Meyer’s cult chain is also expanding its reach to Shanghai and Manila. Earlier this year, Shake Shack also announced plans to open more airport locations in hubs across North America: New York-LGA, for example, will be welcoming a Shake Shack later this year in the refreshed Terminal B.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees