Shake Shack Announces a New Location in Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a New York-style burger in the land of the chilli crab and Singapore sling? Then you’re in luck — if you can wait a year.
On Tuesday, Shake Shack announced that it will be opening a new location at Jewel Changi Airport: a vast new mixed-use space expected to open as an extension of Singapore Changi (SIN) in 2019.
The franchise’s new Shack outpost in Singapore will be reminiscent of the Shake Shack flagship in New York City’s Madison Square Park, thanks to the Jewel’s gleaming glass and steel dome containing tree-filled parks and gardens.
In a statement, Shake Shack said that it “intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shack for the Singapore community.” Though the ingredients may be local, travelers passing through SIN can expect to find all of the burger joint’s signature menu items, including the ShackBurger, crinkle-cut fries and famous frozen custard treats.
Until Shake Shack opens its doors in Singapore, travelers can continue to grab a preflight frozen custard Concrete shake at Shake Shack’s other airport locations, including Los Angeles International (LAX), New York-JFK, Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL), Kuwait International (KWI), Incheon (ICN) and Dubai International (DXB), where the Shack is located in Terminal 3.
Singapore isn’t the only major metropolis in Asia welcoming a Shake Shack in 2019. Danny Meyer’s cult chain is also expanding its reach to Shanghai and Manila. Earlier this year, Shake Shack also announced plans to open more airport locations in hubs across North America: New York-LGA, for example, will be welcoming a Shake Shack later this year in the refreshed Terminal B.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee