There’s a hotel in London making Christmas decorations out of LEGOs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Your inner child is going to love this.
The Savoy Hotel in London is, er, building up the holiday spirit with massive Christmas decorations made out of Legos. We’re not talking about the kid-sized cars or houses you used to make back in the day.
We’re talking about a life-sized dragon-shaped Christmas tree and motorcycle fit for Santa. Travel + Leisure reported the magical displays were also installed above the famous Savoy Court sign, as well as the Front Hall. There are 12 rebuilds in all, including a rocket ship-turned-castle; a tea-drinking lion (because, England) and a family of trees hidden inside the great oak treehouse.
Better yet, guests can also build a decoration themselves, no matter how old they are. They’ll also be encouraged to share photos of their designs on social media channels with the hashtag #BuildToGive. It’s all for a good cause — for every decoration built and shared, LEGO will donate another to a child in need. They want to make sure that children in hospitals, group homes and underserved communities have toys to play with this holiday season.
As if this wasn’t heart-warming enough, it’s part of The LEGO Group’s “Rebuild the World” campaign. The partnership is meant to inspire people around the world to embrace their creativity and act like a kid from time to time. We could all use a little bit of that, don’t you think?
Rooms at the Savoy during the holidays start at $540 per night, and it’s a Fairmont-managed property, so technically part of AccorHotels. You can earn or redeem points Le Club AccorHotels points for your stay. But for a better value, you can also review our guide to the best points hotels in London. It’s no secret that London is a pricey city, so this will help you save some cash for activities galore. Better yet, we put together a handy guide on how to get there on points, too.
No matter where you end up this holiday season, make sure you’re up-to-date on how to prepare for the travels that lie ahead.
Featured image courtesy of the Savoy London.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees