Save Money On Food At Disney World Using Amazon Prime Now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
Disney World can be an expensive place to plan a family vacation. Families frequently need to look for ways to cut corners that don’t leave kids feeling disappointed. One easy way to do so is to use Amazon Prime Now to get groceries delivered right to your Disney hotel room.
Taking the family to Disney World is a real treat, but it can also be a serious budget buster. There are a plethora of tips out there related to saving money at Disney World, but today I wanted to cover a quick and easy tip that can save your family quite a bit of money on your next trip to Disney World without sacrificing any fun.
Meals and even simple snack items for kids like bottled water, juice boxes, and fruit can cost your family quite a lot of money while inside the parks over the course of a vacation. Within the Disney Parks, snacks and drinks start at about $3 – $5 per item. Multiply that cost by multiple people, multiple times over multiple days, and snacks alone can easily sail over $100. However, using Amazon Prime Now can save you money in all of these areas and maybe even stay a bit healthier, too.
Amazon Prime Now is exclusively for customers with Amazon Prime. You can also order non-perishable items with Amazon Pantry, though you’ll need to do a bit more work on timing to get the orders right. Amazon Prime Now is really meant for right now, as the name indicates. Think grocery delivery style service. Here’s a peek into how you place an order:
To save you a few minutes, the zip code for the onsite Disney World hotels is 32830. Once you enter that zip code, you’ll see a whole host of items that you can have delivered, usually within a couple of hours. For example, a case of 24 bottles of Dasani bottled water will only cost you a couple dollars more than a single bottle costs in the parks (though remember there are lots of ‘hidden’ water stations all over the parks for some free hydration).
Breakfast is the easiest meal to eat in your hotel room or take with you on-the-go as you head to the parks. Amazon Prime Now carries eggs, yogurt, milk, cheese and plenty of other items that you can use to make breakfast in your hotel room or eat on the go.
Amazon Prime Now delivery looks pretty easy to schedule. The two-hour delivery windows are generally free if you order $35 or more, or for a few extra dollars you can narrow down the window even more if your timing is very tight. Disney resort hotels will accept the delivery for you and even put refrigerated items in your refrigerator if you have checked-in. I’ve even heard reports of folks placing orders when they land at Orlando airport and then having the items brought up to their room once they check-in. Disney will hold the items in refrigeration until you arrive. Check out a first-hand review of this service from my friend Ed at Pizza in Motion.
There’s a little confusion about whether Disney charges money to accept grocery deliveries. They note a $5 charge to accept a delivery on your behalf, but many folks have report never being charged the fee. There are other grocery services besides Amazon Prime Now that deliver to Disney World. You can also easily have Amazon Prime Now deliver to an off-property hotel.
If you have free checked bags and are riding the Disney Magical Express Bus, here is another no-hassle way to save on Disney snacks and drinks that we utilized last year.
The bottom line here is that families often need to find places to save money on vacation without impacting the fun or adding extra hassle, so this is an easy win. The cost of a one-day Disney ticket is now north of $100, but your Disney snack expenses can come in under budget with some planning. Of course, be sure and save a little room in your budget for worth-it Disney snack splurges such as Dole Whip and LeFou’s Frozen Brew!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees