Ryanair’s ‘Frequent Flyer’ Program Has Only 1 Small Issue: No Miles to Earn
Ryanair has just launched its own annual frequent flyer subscription. But, unfortunately, you won’t be able to earn miles on it.
Not too different from its “Ryanair Plus” program, which offers customers 20kg checked bag, priority boarding, two cabin bags and a reserved standard seat for an added fee of £24 per ticket, “Ryanair Choice” gives flyers the ability to book the lowest fares, fast-track airport access when available, priority boarding and a 10kg checked bag all for a yearly payment of €199 ($225).
“It’ll be all-digital, it’ll be done in a low-cost way,” said Ryanair’s chief marketing officer, Kenny Jacobs, to The Independent. “You will simply get a series of digits that you enter into your MyRyanair account.” The airline is aiming for 100,000 sign-ups in its first year, going into effect at the end of summer 2019.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.