Royal Caribbean’s new Quantum Ultra-class cruise ship sets sail next fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean’s first Quantum Ultra-class cruise ship, the Odyssey of the Seas, will set sail next fall. Starting in November 2020, the Odyssey of the Seas will operate four- to eight-night cruises from Fort Lauderdale, with ports of call throughout the Caribbean. The ship will be the cruise line’s 27th ship overall and the first Quantum Ultra-class ship in North America.
“As part of the Quantum Ultra Class, Odyssey of the Seas will represent the next evolution of Royal Caribbean’s groundbreaking and high-tech Quantum Class,” the cruise line noted in a press release.
Odyssey of the Seas is currently under construction at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. When the ship makes its maiden voyage in November 2020, passengers aboard the ship will have access to a plethora of onboard activities.
The Odyssey of the Seas will feature a sky-diving simulator, Royal Caribbean’s North Star observation capsule, multiple entertainment venues, and SeaPlex, which will feature a roller-skating rink, basketball court, trapeze school and bumper cars.
Guest accommodations range from standard interior rooms to a 1,604-square-foot suite with a 553-square-foot balcony. Standard interior rooms feature two twin beds that convert to a king bed, one bathroom, and a sitting area with a convertible sofa. Ocean-view and balcony rooms feature similar floor plans and amenities.
Suites, which start at $1,571 for the four-night inaugural cruise, feature larger floor plans from 301 square feet, priority services including dedicated check-in and priority boarding, and access to exclusive onboard amenities including entertainment seating.
Passengers looking for an all-out luxury experience can select the Royal Loft Suite, which starts at $13,293 per person for the four-night inaugural cruise. The Royal Loft Suite aboard the Odyssey of the Seas encompasses two levels and features three beds, two bathrooms, a dining room, media room and a 553-square-foot balcony.
Royal Caribbean has opened reservations for the Odyssey of the Sea. According to the cruise line’s reservation system, the inaugural cruise will depart from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale on November 5, returning from its 4-day journey throughout the Bahamas on Nov. 9. A standard interior stateroom starts at $613 per person for the inaugural voyage.
In addition to 4-night cruises throughout the Bahamas, the Odyssey of the Seawill initially offer cruises to the Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean, and Southern Caribbean. Port of calls include: CocoCay in the Bahamas; Labadee, Haiti; Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Georgetown Grand Cayman; Roatan, Honduras; Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico; St. Thomas USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Oranjestad, Aruba; and Willemstad, Curacao.
Following the winter cruise season in the Caribbean, the Odyssey of the Seas will be repositioned to Europe for the summer cruise season. Reservations for the Odyssey of the Seas’ European cruises will open in November.
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.