Royal Caribbean’s new Quantum Ultra-class cruise ship sets sail next fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean’s first Quantum Ultra-class cruise ship, the Odyssey of the Seas, will set sail next fall. Starting in November 2020, the Odyssey of the Seas will operate four- to eight-night cruises from Fort Lauderdale, with ports of call throughout the Caribbean. The ship will be the cruise line’s 27th ship overall and the first Quantum Ultra-class ship in North America.
“As part of the Quantum Ultra Class, Odyssey of the Seas will represent the next evolution of Royal Caribbean’s groundbreaking and high-tech Quantum Class,” the cruise line noted in a press release.
Odyssey of the Seas is currently under construction at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. When the ship makes its maiden voyage in November 2020, passengers aboard the ship will have access to a plethora of onboard activities.
The Odyssey of the Seas will feature a sky-diving simulator, Royal Caribbean’s North Star observation capsule, multiple entertainment venues, and SeaPlex, which will feature a roller-skating rink, basketball court, trapeze school and bumper cars.
Guest accommodations range from standard interior rooms to a 1,604-square-foot suite with a 553-square-foot balcony. Standard interior rooms feature two twin beds that convert to a king bed, one bathroom, and a sitting area with a convertible sofa. Ocean-view and balcony rooms feature similar floor plans and amenities.
Suites, which start at $1,571 for the four-night inaugural cruise, feature larger floor plans from 301 square feet, priority services including dedicated check-in and priority boarding, and access to exclusive onboard amenities including entertainment seating.
Passengers looking for an all-out luxury experience can select the Royal Loft Suite, which starts at $13,293 per person for the four-night inaugural cruise. The Royal Loft Suite aboard the Odyssey of the Seas encompasses two levels and features three beds, two bathrooms, a dining room, media room and a 553-square-foot balcony.
Royal Caribbean has opened reservations for the Odyssey of the Sea. According to the cruise line’s reservation system, the inaugural cruise will depart from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale on November 5, returning from its 4-day journey throughout the Bahamas on Nov. 9. A standard interior stateroom starts at $613 per person for the inaugural voyage.
In addition to 4-night cruises throughout the Bahamas, the Odyssey of the Seawill initially offer cruises to the Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean, and Southern Caribbean. Port of calls include: CocoCay in the Bahamas; Labadee, Haiti; Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Georgetown Grand Cayman; Roatan, Honduras; Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico; St. Thomas USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Oranjestad, Aruba; and Willemstad, Curacao.
Following the winter cruise season in the Caribbean, the Odyssey of the Seas will be repositioned to Europe for the summer cruise season. Reservations for the Odyssey of the Seas’ European cruises will open in November.
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees