You Can Now Spend the Night Inside an Art Gallery in Rome
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you need another reason to visit Rome, we have some good news: An apartment-hotel just opened inside of an art gallery.
According to Travel + Leisure, Palazzo Rhinoceros just opened the “The Rooms of Rome,” a project that took almost two decades to complete. The gallery also houses the Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti. In fact, Aldi Fendi, of the eponymous luxury fashion house, partnered with French architect Jean Nouvel to create the space.
Think, “Night at the Museum” meets contemporary art with luxury Italian style.
The 24 individually-designed apartments (ranging from studios to two-bedroom spaces and everything in between) in the Rooms of Rome have designer L’Occitane toiletries, Bang & Olufsen televisions and kitchens. Part of the boutique Room Mate hotel group, every space is an eclectic mix of old and new, contemporary and classic. Recovered tiles give way to poured concrete, and polished steel contrasts with stucco or exposed brick, with pops of color and ultra-modern lines introduced by designer furniture.
Guests will also have access to free private tours at Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti and Caviar Kaspia, an Italian outpost of a cult-favorite Parisian restaurant. The property is centrally located, too, about a 15-minute walk to the Colosseum and 10-minute walk to Piazza Venezia.
Travelers who book a stay at the Rooms of Rome shouldn’t expect the traditional hotel experience. There’s no formal lobby, for example. Instead, if you summon a staff member, he or she will appear at reception to help. Of course, it has the unmistakable atmosphere of an art museum too, with video art projected onto the walls and rotating gallery exhibitions. The suites are also available to visiting artists and long-term guests.
Before booking your trip to the Eternal City, be sure to check out our tips on how to get to Italy on points and miles (so you can save all your leftover cash for pasta and gelato). And whether you bed down at Rooms of Rome or another property, make sure you’re using a credit card that earns you bonus points on hotel stays, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points).
Featured photo courtesy of The Rooms of Rome.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees