You Can Now Spend the Night Inside an Art Gallery in Rome
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
In case you need another reason to visit Rome, we have some good news: An apartment-hotel just opened inside of an art gallery.
According to Travel + Leisure, Palazzo Rhinoceros just opened the “The Rooms of Rome,” a project that took almost two decades to complete. The gallery also houses the Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti. In fact, Aldi Fendi, of the eponymous luxury fashion house, partnered with French architect Jean Nouvel to create the space.
Think, “Night at the Museum” meets contemporary art with luxury Italian style.
The 24 individually-designed apartments (ranging from studios to two-bedroom spaces and everything in between) in the Rooms of Rome have designer L’Occitane toiletries, Bang & Olufsen televisions and kitchens. Part of the boutique Room Mate hotel group, every space is an eclectic mix of old and new, contemporary and classic. Recovered tiles give way to poured concrete, and polished steel contrasts with stucco or exposed brick, with pops of color and ultra-modern lines introduced by designer furniture.
Guests will also have access to free private tours at Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti and Caviar Kaspia, an Italian outpost of a cult-favorite Parisian restaurant. The property is centrally located, too, about a 15-minute walk to the Colosseum and 10-minute walk to Piazza Venezia.
Travelers who book a stay at the Rooms of Rome shouldn’t expect the traditional hotel experience. There’s no formal lobby, for example. Instead, if you summon a staff member, he or she will appear at reception to help. Of course, it has the unmistakable atmosphere of an art museum too, with video art projected onto the walls and rotating gallery exhibitions. The suites are also available to visiting artists and long-term guests.
Before booking your trip to the Eternal City, be sure to check out our tips on how to get to Italy on points and miles (so you can save all your leftover cash for pasta and gelato). And whether you bed down at Rooms of Rome or another property, make sure you’re using a credit card that earns you bonus points on hotel stays, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points).
Featured photo courtesy of The Rooms of Rome.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.