You Can Now Spend the Night Inside an Art Gallery in Rome
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you need another reason to visit Rome, we have some good news: An apartment-hotel just opened inside of an art gallery.
According to Travel + Leisure, Palazzo Rhinoceros just opened the “The Rooms of Rome,” a project that took almost two decades to complete. The gallery also houses the Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti. In fact, Aldi Fendi, of the eponymous luxury fashion house, partnered with French architect Jean Nouvel to create the space.
Think, “Night at the Museum” meets contemporary art with luxury Italian style.
The 24 individually-designed apartments (ranging from studios to two-bedroom spaces and everything in between) in the Rooms of Rome have designer L’Occitane toiletries, Bang & Olufsen televisions and kitchens. Part of the boutique Room Mate hotel group, every space is an eclectic mix of old and new, contemporary and classic. Recovered tiles give way to poured concrete, and polished steel contrasts with stucco or exposed brick, with pops of color and ultra-modern lines introduced by designer furniture.
Guests will also have access to free private tours at Fondazione Alda Fendi Esperimenti and Caviar Kaspia, an Italian outpost of a cult-favorite Parisian restaurant. The property is centrally located, too, about a 15-minute walk to the Colosseum and 10-minute walk to Piazza Venezia.
Travelers who book a stay at the Rooms of Rome shouldn’t expect the traditional hotel experience. There’s no formal lobby, for example. Instead, if you summon a staff member, he or she will appear at reception to help. Of course, it has the unmistakable atmosphere of an art museum too, with video art projected onto the walls and rotating gallery exhibitions. The suites are also available to visiting artists and long-term guests.
Before booking your trip to the Eternal City, be sure to check out our tips on how to get to Italy on points and miles (so you can save all your leftover cash for pasta and gelato). And whether you bed down at Rooms of Rome or another property, make sure you’re using a credit card that earns you bonus points on hotel stays, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points).
Featured photo courtesy of The Rooms of Rome.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees