The first Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Mexico is now open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ritz-Carlton is already known as a high-end luxury brand, but did you know that there’s an even higher-end Ritz-Carlton brand? Ritz-Carlton Reserve extends to just a handful of properties, picked for their remote locations and utterly decadent luxury. While North America already has a Reserve resort in the form of the Dorado Beach, located in Puerto Rico, Mexico just got its first Reserve property: Zadun, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, located in San José Del Cabo. And it is absolutely stunning.
It feature a mere 115 rooms, and even the base room has an ocean view. Unfortunately, Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties can’t be redeemed for award stays, so in order to stay here you’ll have to shell out some pretty big bucks, with rates starting at just under $800/night before taxes and fees:
That’s a pretty penny to pay for any hotel, but at least if you book with something like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, which earns 5x Membership Rewards on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel, you’ll earn tons of reward points in exchange for your money. And since stays at Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties don’t generate reward points with Marriott, using a credit card that will maximize your returns is crucial.
Although it’s not yet on the Fine Hotels & Resorts page operated by American Express, it’s likely that it will be at some point, as several other Reserve properties are (including the Dorado Beach). This is good news for travelers: The program offers a suite of elite-like benefits that will help offset the cost of the hotel, including a room upgrade, late check out, $100 food and beverage credit and daily breakfast for two.
All photos courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees