The first Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Mexico is now open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ritz-Carlton is already known as a high-end luxury brand, but did you know that there’s an even higher-end Ritz-Carlton brand? Ritz-Carlton Reserve extends to just a handful of properties, picked for their remote locations and utterly decadent luxury. While North America already has a Reserve resort in the form of the Dorado Beach, located in Puerto Rico, Mexico just got its first Reserve property: Zadun, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, located in San José Del Cabo. And it is absolutely stunning.
It feature a mere 115 rooms, and even the base room has an ocean view. Unfortunately, Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties can’t be redeemed for award stays, so in order to stay here you’ll have to shell out some pretty big bucks, with rates starting at just under $800/night before taxes and fees:
That’s a pretty penny to pay for any hotel, but at least if you book with something like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, which earns 5x Membership Rewards on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel, you’ll earn tons of reward points in exchange for your money. And since stays at Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties don’t generate reward points with Marriott, using a credit card that will maximize your returns is crucial.
Although it’s not yet on the Fine Hotels & Resorts page operated by American Express, it’s likely that it will be at some point, as several other Reserve properties are (including the Dorado Beach). This is good news for travelers: The program offers a suite of elite-like benefits that will help offset the cost of the hotel, including a room upgrade, late check out, $100 food and beverage credit and daily breakfast for two.
All photos courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.