Targeted: American Airlines is once again offering 3x miles on Hyatt stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest promotion information.
Targeted World of Hyatt members are getting emails with a registration link for the promotion. Once enrolled, members get three American Airlines miles for each dollar they spend at World of Hyatt brands. Usually, Hyatt elites earn one mile for each dollar spent.
With this promotion, targeted members can earn 3x American Airlines miles per dollar spent with World of Hyatt. Members must register by Oct. 31, 2020 to earn the bonus.
Registration appears to be pretty simple: Click on the register now button in the email, and book stays between Sept. 22 and Dec. 31 of this year.
It’s not clear how widespread the offer is, but lots of folks on the TPG staff got the email — some with highest-tier “Globalist” status, and some like me, lowly “Discoverist” members.
If you didn’t get the email, enter your World of Hyatt membership number on this page to check if you’re targeted.
Even if you aren’t targeted, you should link your Hyatt and AA accounts.
You’ll remember Hyatt previously awarded American Airlines Executive Platinum status to some of its top-tier Globalist members. American Airlines Concierge Key members (the top tier in AA’s program) get automatic Hyatt Globalist status, so the benefits do go both ways.
Hyatt and American Airlines joined forces back in March, giving elite members of World of Hyatt and American AAdvantage reciprocal benefits as an incentive to do business with the partners.
Even if you don’t have any upcoming trips planned, there’s no harm in registering as it only takes one click to do so. Two months of triple points sounds pretty good to me.
And for more benefits, you might think about getting the World of Hyatt Credit Card. In addition to the current welcome bonus, you’d also enjoy automatic Discoverist status. That gives you one World of Hyatt point for every dollar you spend on American flights through this partnership.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.