Targeted: American Airlines is once again offering 3x miles on Hyatt stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest promotion information.
Targeted World of Hyatt members are getting emails with a registration link for the promotion. Once enrolled, members get three American Airlines miles for each dollar they spend at World of Hyatt brands. Usually, Hyatt elites earn one mile for each dollar spent.
With this promotion, targeted members can earn 3x American Airlines miles per dollar spent with World of Hyatt. Members must register by Oct. 31, 2020 to earn the bonus.
Registration appears to be pretty simple: Click on the register now button in the email, and book stays between Sept. 22 and Dec. 31 of this year.
It’s not clear how widespread the offer is, but lots of folks on the TPG staff got the email — some with highest-tier “Globalist” status, and some like me, lowly “Discoverist” members.
If you didn’t get the email, enter your World of Hyatt membership number on this page to check if you’re targeted.
Even if you aren’t targeted, you should link your Hyatt and AA accounts.
You’ll remember Hyatt previously awarded American Airlines Executive Platinum status to some of its top-tier Globalist members. American Airlines Concierge Key members (the top tier in AA’s program) get automatic Hyatt Globalist status, so the benefits do go both ways.
Hyatt and American Airlines joined forces back in March, giving elite members of World of Hyatt and American AAdvantage reciprocal benefits as an incentive to do business with the partners.
Even if you don’t have any upcoming trips planned, there’s no harm in registering as it only takes one click to do so. Two months of triple points sounds pretty good to me.
And for more benefits, you might think about getting the World of Hyatt Credit Card. In addition to the current welcome bonus, you’d also enjoy automatic Discoverist status. That gives you one World of Hyatt point for every dollar you spend on American flights through this partnership.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees