Qatar Adds Qsuites to More US Routes — Here Are All Eight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar’s Qsuite was the winner of the 2018 TPG Awards Best International Business Class of the Year, scoring a 90 in TPG‘s new numerical review scoring system. If you want to check out the product for yourself, you have one more optron to do so: Qatar just added another US destination to its Qsuite route network.
Starting June 2, Qatar will switch its Doha (DOH) to Philadelphia (PHL) route from an Airbus A350-900 without Qsuite…
…to an Airbus A350-900 with Qsuite.
The new addition brings the total number of US routes that’ll have Qsuites to eight. Just four routes had the award-winning product at the start of 2019: Chicago, Houston, New York JFK and Washington DC Dulles.
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) was switched to Qsuite on January 16 and Los Angeles (LAX) got the new business class cabin on February 2. Boston is still scheduled to be switched on March 31 before Philadelphia is added in June.
Here’s the full details of when, where and on what type of aircraft you’ll find Qsuite on US routes. Note that there have been some equipment swaps on some of these routes since the last time we dug into the details:
|Route||Aircraft Type||Flight #||Effective Date|
|Boston (BOS)||Boeing 777-300ER||743 / 744||March 31|
|Chicago (ORD)||Boeing 777-300ER||725 / 726|
|Dallas/Forth Worth (DFW)||Boeing 777-300ER||729 / 730||thru June 30|
|Dallas/Forth Worth (DFW)||Airbus A350-1000||729 / 730||July 1|
|Houston (IAH)||Boeing 777-200LR||713 / 714||thru May 31|
|Houston (IAH)||Airbus A350-1000||713 / 714||June 1|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Boeing 777-200LR||739 / 740|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-1000||701 / 702||thru May 31|
|New York JFK||Boeing 777-300ER||701 / 702||June 1|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-900||703 / 704||thru March 31|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-1000||703 / 704||April 1|
|Philadelphia (PHL)||Airbus A350-900||727 / 728||June 2|
|Washington Dulles (IAD)||Boeing 777-300ER||707 / 708|
Qatar Qsuite remains one of the few awards where it’s generally best to use American Airlines AAdvantage miles. So, once you find award availability, you’ll want to book right there on the website.
If you need to stock up on American Airlines AAdvantage miles to accomplish your Qsuite dreams, here are the best options right now:
- Buy AAdvantage miles for as little as 1.92 cents per mile. This is the easiest way of getting miles at the moment for an award. At 1.92 cents per mile, one-way awards between the US and the Middle East or Indian Subcontinent costs just $1,342 before minimal taxes/fees. Award flights all the way down to South Africa in Qatar business class would cost just $1,440 before taxes/fees.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®: 60,000 bonus miles after spending $2,500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®: 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard: 50,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees