Qatar Adds Qsuites to More US Routes — Here Are All Eight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar’s Qsuite was the winner of the 2018 TPG Awards Best International Business Class of the Year, scoring a 90 in TPG‘s new numerical review scoring system. If you want to check out the product for yourself, you have one more optron to do so: Qatar just added another US destination to its Qsuite route network.
Starting June 2, Qatar will switch its Doha (DOH) to Philadelphia (PHL) route from an Airbus A350-900 without Qsuite…
…to an Airbus A350-900 with Qsuite.
The new addition brings the total number of US routes that’ll have Qsuites to eight. Just four routes had the award-winning product at the start of 2019: Chicago, Houston, New York JFK and Washington DC Dulles.
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) was switched to Qsuite on January 16 and Los Angeles (LAX) got the new business class cabin on February 2. Boston is still scheduled to be switched on March 31 before Philadelphia is added in June.
Here’s the full details of when, where and on what type of aircraft you’ll find Qsuite on US routes. Note that there have been some equipment swaps on some of these routes since the last time we dug into the details:
|Route||Aircraft Type||Flight #||Effective Date|
|Boston (BOS)||Boeing 777-300ER||743 / 744||March 31|
|Chicago (ORD)||Boeing 777-300ER||725 / 726|
|Dallas/Forth Worth (DFW)||Boeing 777-300ER||729 / 730||thru June 30|
|Dallas/Forth Worth (DFW)||Airbus A350-1000||729 / 730||July 1|
|Houston (IAH)||Boeing 777-200LR||713 / 714||thru May 31|
|Houston (IAH)||Airbus A350-1000||713 / 714||June 1|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Boeing 777-200LR||739 / 740|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-1000||701 / 702||thru May 31|
|New York JFK||Boeing 777-300ER||701 / 702||June 1|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-900||703 / 704||thru March 31|
|New York JFK||Airbus A350-1000||703 / 704||April 1|
|Philadelphia (PHL)||Airbus A350-900||727 / 728||June 2|
|Washington Dulles (IAD)||Boeing 777-300ER||707 / 708|
Qatar Qsuite remains one of the few awards where it’s generally best to use American Airlines AAdvantage miles. So, once you find award availability, you’ll want to book right there on the website.
If you need to stock up on American Airlines AAdvantage miles to accomplish your Qsuite dreams, here are the best options right now:
- Buy AAdvantage miles for as little as 1.92 cents per mile. This is the easiest way of getting miles at the moment for an award. At 1.92 cents per mile, one-way awards between the US and the Middle East or Indian Subcontinent costs just $1,342 before minimal taxes/fees. Award flights all the way down to South Africa in Qatar business class would cost just $1,440 before taxes/fees.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®: 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®: 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®: 50,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card and CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees