You can purchase access to some of Qantas’ top lounges worldwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re traveling internationally without lounge access, but want a bit of luxury before you depart, you may just be in luck. Qantas has begun selling access to some of its international lounges during non-peak times of the day. This was originally reported as an option at London Heathrow. Qantas has further confirmed to TPG that the option to purchase lounge access may also be available at Los Angeles (LAX), Hong Kong (HKG), Auckland (AKL), Wellington (WLG) and Perth (PER).
According to Executive Traveller, Qantas is offering access for the following prices (all prices in US dollars, rounded to nearest dollar based on local currency conversions):
- Los Angeles International First Class lounge: $150
- Los Angeles Business Class lounge: $75
- London Heathrow lounge: $70
- Hong Kong lounge: $56
- Auckland Business Class lounge: $37
- Wellington Business Class lounge: $34
- Perth T1 international lounge: $47
As with London, access in each of these cities is only during non-peak times. It’s also subject to the discretion of the lounge team. The Qantas International First lounge at LAX is one of the nicest in the United States. Located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal, this lounge has long periods where it’s not overly full.
On a departure basis, it would be really tough to justify $150 for those benefits, since this lounge doesn’t have some high-end amenities like spa services. It’s undoubtedly a beautiful space, but that’s a lot to spend for a good meal. Upon arrival from a long overseas flight or on a connecting itinerary, a hot shower and a meal certainly up the value. But, you’re probably closer to a reasonable deal paying the $75 for the business-class lounge.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees