You can purchase access to some of Qantas’ top lounges worldwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re traveling internationally without lounge access, but want a bit of luxury before you depart, you may just be in luck. Qantas has begun selling access to some of its international lounges during non-peak times of the day. This was originally reported as an option at London Heathrow. Qantas has further confirmed to TPG that the option to purchase lounge access may also be available at Los Angeles (LAX), Hong Kong (HKG), Auckland (AKL), Wellington (WLG) and Perth (PER).
According to Executive Traveller, Qantas is offering access for the following prices (all prices in US dollars, rounded to nearest dollar based on local currency conversions):
- Los Angeles International First Class lounge: $150
- Los Angeles Business Class lounge: $75
- London Heathrow lounge: $70
- Hong Kong lounge: $56
- Auckland Business Class lounge: $37
- Wellington Business Class lounge: $34
- Perth T1 international lounge: $47
As with London, access in each of these cities is only during non-peak times. It’s also subject to the discretion of the lounge team. The Qantas International First lounge at LAX is one of the nicest in the United States. Located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal, this lounge has long periods where it’s not overly full.
On a departure basis, it would be really tough to justify $150 for those benefits, since this lounge doesn’t have some high-end amenities like spa services. It’s undoubtedly a beautiful space, but that’s a lot to spend for a good meal. Upon arrival from a long overseas flight or on a connecting itinerary, a hot shower and a meal certainly up the value. But, you’re probably closer to a reasonable deal paying the $75 for the business-class lounge.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees