Here’s why we’re starting to publish new flight and hotel reviews again
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As you may have noticed, we have not published any new flight or hotel reviews on our site for some time now.
During the COVID-19 crisis, our team has temporarily ceased taking review trips, and as more and more nations and U.S. states entered lockdowns we also decided to halt the pipeline of new reviews ready for publication. Providing reviews is one of our core missions, and we know our readers look to us for unbiased coverage of the experiences they will encounter on their travels — but with almost the entire world staying at home, it was time to pause. Instead, we published a selection of our most popular reviews from the past year.
Yet, we are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. While travel remains something that only emergency personnel should do right now, our team has begun booking trips for later this year, knowing that airlines are waiving change and cancellation fees. And for trips that require lots of planning, now might be the right time to start exploring your options.
So, beginning Monday, April 20, we will resume publishing new flight, hotel and lounge reviews from trips taken before the lockdown. We hope this will help you choose once we’re all ready to start booking trips again.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hotel reviews editor Nick Ellis and I will bring you at least three reviews per week from our team in the New York and London offices and our globe-trotting reporters and editors. Since we will all travel closer to home in the near future, we will publish more reviews related to domestic U.S. trips, a shift we had decided even prior to the coronavirus outbreak.
You can expect to read about what it’s like to fly low-fare airlines like Spirit and Frontier, or to cross the continent from coast to coast in premium cabins like United’s Polaris on the Boeing 787. If you are planning longer-range trips, we will take you aboard the only long-haul first class on a U.S. airline, American’s Flagship First, and tell you all about the experience in trans-Atlantic economy on airlines including Air France and KLM. Those looking for hotel reviews can expect our unvarnished look at places ranging from the W South Beach in Florida to the Four Seasons Nam Hai in Vietnam.
So, even if all the travel we are doing these days is on a screen, from our homes, we look forward to taking you with us on our review trips — and to the day when we can take to the skies again.
Featured image: United Polaris, by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees