Priceline Ends ‘Name Your Own Price’ for Rental Car Bookings
Starting Monday, Priceline will no longer offer the “Name Your Own Price (NYOP)” tool for car rentals and will offer express deals to take place of the NYOP feature.
With the NYOP model, Priceline allowed customers to make a suggested price and land a good deal for airfares, rental cars and hotels. For car rentals specifically, customers could choose a price, location and car type, and Priceline would find a quality rental car based on the suggestion.
The online travel agency will now offer express deals that will provide up to 40% savings, and the new process will be easier and faster, Bill Jose, senior vice president of rental cars at Priceline.com told USA Today.
“With rental cars, we have seen the consumers prefer Express Deals, and as a result we chose to make this switch,” Jose said. “The main benefit to consumers with this switch to Express Deals is with speed. Name Your Own Price for rental cars required consumers to bid and wait. With Express Deals, those steps are eliminated.”
In 2016, Priceline ended its “Name Your Own Price” for flight tickets. Priceline will continue to offer the NYOP tool for biding on hotel rooms.
“Priceline.com does not have plans to move away from Name Your Own Price for hotels,” Jose says. “Travelers see value in that offering and continue to book millions of deals at prices that are not available elsewhere.”
H/T USA Today
Featured image by minemero/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees