18 boutique hotels join Preferred Hotels & Resorts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re a points and miles seeker, it’s all too easy to skip over hotels and resorts that aren’t part of your preferred loyalty program. But, you run the risk of missing out on boutique properties that are special because of their history, architecture, service or unique “personality.”
That’s the case with member properties of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. It calls itself “the world’s largest independent hotel brand,” and its footprint spans the globe, from the Banyon Tree Tamouda Bay in Morrocco to The Kitano Hotel Tokyo to Hawks Cay Resort in Duck Key, Florida.
The brand is growing and just welcomed 18 new member properties. Some of them are quite interesting. Here’s a look at the top picks that are now part of Preferred Hotels & Resorts and its iPrefer loyalty program.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Clambakes and whale-watching in Massachusetts
One of the newest additions to the brand is the 25-acre oceanfront Chatham Bars Inn on Massachusetts’ Cape Cod. The property, built in 1914, was originally a hunting lodge.
Today, 217 rooms and suites — including 12 adults-only spa suites — are arranged in 30 cottage-style buildings across the property. The decor is decidedly New England, as are the dining experiences, which include fun clambakes.
In addition to the beach, the hotel has a pool, tennis, croquet, water sports and bike rentals, shuttle boats to offshore nature preserves and cooking classes. Whale-watching and fishing excursions are also available.
A dude ranch in Santa Barbara wine country
Is a luxury dude ranch more your style? Look to California’s Santa Ynez Valley and the Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort. Just 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara, the property offers 50 miles of riding trails, two 18-hole golf courses, tennis, a spa, a pool and a 100-acre spring-fed lake.
All guest rooms, suites and cottages feature Western decor and wood-burning fireplaces. The nightly rate includes breakfast, dinner and select alcoholic beverages. Other packages include a certain number of activities per day.
Just beyond the ranch is the Danish village of Solvang and more than 100 vineyards and wineries to explore.
A refined outpost near Disney World
Another enticing option — especially for families — is the yet-to-open ette hotel in Orlando… just outside Disney World’s Animal Kingdom. With just 126 rooms and suites, this intimate destination gives guests exactly the peace and quiet they crave after a busy day pounding the pavement at the theme parks.
Plenty to look forward to when the world reopens
And, while Americans can’t travel to many international destinations right now, Preferred Hotels and Resorts has some interesting new-to-them options, including:
- Lago Resort Menorca Suites del Lago in Menorca, Spain (opening May 2021)
- Casa di Langa in Piedmont, Italy — a 39-room sustainable hotel (opening spring 2021)
- Hotel Metropolitan Premier Taipei (set to open in Sept. 2021)
- Hacienda de Abajo in La Palma, Spain (32 rooms in a 17th-century building)
Learn more about Preferred Hotels and Resorts’ iPrefer loyalty program.
Featured image by Lucky-photographer/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees