This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Multiple news outlets are reporting that a male passenger aboard an Air India Express flight from Dubai (DXB) to Lucknow (LKO) took his clothes off mid-flight, stripping completely naked. He then proceeded to pace up and down the aisle until he was subdued by flight attendants. An image has surfaced from the flight showing the man draped in a white cloth, restrained in a seat following the incident. While the exact reason for the man’s actions is not known it is believed that the incident was related to stress.
Air India Express flight IX194 departed Dubai (DXB) a little after 7:30am bound for Lucknow, India (LKO). According to The Quint, a male passenger believed to be in his mid-30s, got up from his seat and proceeded to remove his clothes in front of his fellow passengers. After stripping nude, the man proceeded to pace up and down the aisle of the aircraft. According to an account given to Hindustan Times, a passenger onboard the flight stated that, “As soon as the aircraft crew saw him walking nude, they pounced on him and wrapped him in a blanket. Initially, the man resisted but the staff managed to overpower him.” The man was restrained for the remainder of the flight.
Upon landing in Lucknow, the flight crew handed off the nude passenger to security officials, as per official protocol. An Air India spokesperson told ANI that, “per the direction of the captain of the flight, the passenger was handed over to airlines security at Lucknow airport where [an] investigation is underway.”
Numerous Indian sources allude to the incident being stress-induced. Multiple sources claim that the passenger reported to authorities that he had become upset and stressed while in Dubai for work as he was the only non-Pakistani in his office. However, the claim could not be verified.
After authorities were able to identify and question the nude passenger, he was released to members of his family. The passenger apologized to authorities for his actions. Nonetheless, Air India has stated that the man has been placed on the airline’s official watch list.
H/T: The Quint
Featured image by Manoj Patil/Hindustan Times via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees