Passenger Strips Naked on Air India Express Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Multiple news outlets are reporting that a male passenger aboard an Air India Express flight from Dubai (DXB) to Lucknow (LKO) took his clothes off mid-flight, stripping completely naked. He then proceeded to pace up and down the aisle until he was subdued by flight attendants. An image has surfaced from the flight showing the man draped in a white cloth, restrained in a seat following the incident. While the exact reason for the man’s actions is not known it is believed that the incident was related to stress.
Air India Express flight IX194 departed Dubai (DXB) a little after 7:30am bound for Lucknow, India (LKO). According to The Quint, a male passenger believed to be in his mid-30s, got up from his seat and proceeded to remove his clothes in front of his fellow passengers. After stripping nude, the man proceeded to pace up and down the aisle of the aircraft. According to an account given to Hindustan Times, a passenger onboard the flight stated that, “As soon as the aircraft crew saw him walking nude, they pounced on him and wrapped him in a blanket. Initially, the man resisted but the staff managed to overpower him.” The man was restrained for the remainder of the flight.
Upon landing in Lucknow, the flight crew handed off the nude passenger to security officials, as per official protocol. An Air India spokesperson told ANI that, “per the direction of the captain of the flight, the passenger was handed over to airlines security at Lucknow airport where [an] investigation is underway.”
Numerous Indian sources allude to the incident being stress-induced. Multiple sources claim that the passenger reported to authorities that he had become upset and stressed while in Dubai for work as he was the only non-Pakistani in his office. However, the claim could not be verified.
After authorities were able to identify and question the nude passenger, he was released to members of his family. The passenger apologized to authorities for his actions. Nonetheless, Air India has stated that the man has been placed on the airline’s official watch list.
H/T: The Quint
Featured image by Manoj Patil/Hindustan Times via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees