This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Multiple news outlets are reporting that a male passenger aboard an Air India Express flight from Dubai (DXB) to Lucknow (LKO) took his clothes off mid-flight, stripping completely naked. He then proceeded to pace up and down the aisle until he was subdued by flight attendants. An image has surfaced from the flight showing the man draped in a white cloth, restrained in a seat following the incident. While the exact reason for the man’s actions is not known it is believed that the incident was related to stress.
Air India Express flight IX194 departed Dubai (DXB) a little after 7:30am bound for Lucknow, India (LKO). According to The Quint, a male passenger believed to be in his mid-30s, got up from his seat and proceeded to remove his clothes in front of his fellow passengers. After stripping nude, the man proceeded to pace up and down the aisle of the aircraft. According to an account given to Hindustan Times, a passenger onboard the flight stated that, “As soon as the aircraft crew saw him walking nude, they pounced on him and wrapped him in a blanket. Initially, the man resisted but the staff managed to overpower him.” The man was restrained for the remainder of the flight.
Upon landing in Lucknow, the flight crew handed off the nude passenger to security officials, as per official protocol. An Air India spokesperson told ANI that, “per the direction of the captain of the flight, the passenger was handed over to airlines security at Lucknow airport where [an] investigation is underway.”
Numerous Indian sources allude to the incident being stress-induced. Multiple sources claim that the passenger reported to authorities that he had become upset and stressed while in Dubai for work as he was the only non-Pakistani in his office. However, the claim could not be verified.
After authorities were able to identify and question the nude passenger, he was released to members of his family. The passenger apologized to authorities for his actions. Nonetheless, Air India has stated that the man has been placed on the airline’s official watch list.
H/T: The Quint
Featured image by Manoj Patil/Hindustan Times via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards