This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rosewood, a line of international luxury hotels, has outdone itself with its globe-spanning 12 Days of Rosewood travel packages, which allow travelers to experience parts of the world on another level, whether the trip includes getting in the water with a champion sailor in Bermuda or getting trackside access to Formula One in Los Cabos. Each of the packages sound phenomenal, but there’s one destination package that seems especially outstanding: Paris.
Let me paint the picture: Arrive at the airport and get treated to a VIP “Meet & Greet” service, where you’ll be picked up by a chauffeur in a Mercedes Maybach. You’ll then head to the legendary Château de Chenonceau — where the mistress of Henry II, Diane de Poitiers, and the Queen of France, Catherine de Medicis, used to reside — via helicopter.
During your time at the château, you’ll be treated like a queen (or king). After all, it’s never been bookable for guests aside from the elite few who resided there. The château experience will begin with a performance by none other than the Opéra de Paris ballet. For dinner, you’ll feast on a Renaissance-inspired meal by Michelin-star chef Christopher Hache. Finish off the evening with an exquisite and rare selection of vintage wines prepared by Domaine de la Romanée Conti. You’ll have access to the Maison Caulières oil tastings, typically reserved for the family’s consumption.
As the evening comes to a close, your suite will be prepared for you at the chancellerie, where you’ll be waited on by a butler. After breakfast the following morning, you’ll take a helicopter over to the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris, where you’ll stay in the Marie Antoinette suite. That’s the same one where the French Queen herself used to spend her time.
Whether you’re interested in gifting the package to a friend or keeping it for yourself, it’ll probably land right within your budget, starting at a subtle EUR 150,000, which equates to more than $170,000. But, hey, sometimes it’s worth splurging!
The limited time offer is valid through the end of 2018.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees