Omni first hotel chain to announce status shortcut during Coronavirus; targets competitors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a bid to encourage customers to try Omni Hotels & Resorts, Omni Select Guest has announced a shortcut to Platinum Level status good through December 2021.
In order to qualify, you must sign up for the Select Guest program at selectguest.com and use enrollment code OMPUP20. Opt in to the promotion via the welcome email you’ll receive after enrollment and book any two-night stay (must be a direct booking; excludes associate or family rates) to be completed by August 31, 2020, at any Omni hotel or resort or any Global Hotel Alliance partner hotels. You will receive Platinum status after you check out from your two-night stay.
Benefits of Omni Select Guest Platinum status include:
- Double Award Credit toward free nights (free night after every 10 nights stayed)
- Complimentary bottled water nightly (delivered with turndown service)
- Late checkout up to 3 p.m. (subject to availability)
- Guaranteed room availability with 24 hours prior notice
- Room upgrade upon check-in (subject to availability)
- Local market amenity (food item) on night of arrival
- Evening housekeeping service, including turndown
Omni’s Local Experiences perk is an amazing part of Omni Select Guest and GHA Discovery, but will not be available for members who fast track to elite status. You will, however, receive reciprocal GHA Discovery Platinum status good at 32 hotel brands around the world.
Last October, I took advantage of a shortcut to top-tier Black status with Omni and stayed one night at the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta overlooking my beloved Atlanta Braves SunTrust (now Truist) park. I was impressed with the hotel, loyalty program and Black status benefits. With the global presence of GHA hotels and ability to earn coveted Local Experiences, the program is one of the most overlooked hotel loyalty programs.
To my knowledge, this is the first shortcut to elite status promotion we’ve seen since the pandemic began and is a smart move for Omni and its relatively small footprint of hotels to attract loyalists of other brands. Because everyone has already extended hotel status, hotels have actually de-incentivized their most loyal guests to stay with them. Hilton, Marriott, IHG and Hyatt loyalists now have an opportunity to try hotels and loyalty programs like Omni Select Guest.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees