Odds of getting JetBlue’s updated A320s are ever more in your favor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue customers hoping for a flight on one of the carrier’s Airbus A320s with a “restyled” cabin interior have ever-improving odds as the calendar flips into 2020.
The carrier is in the midst of an overhaul to all 130 of its A320 aircraft. The aircraft makes up the bulk of JetBlue’s fleet, but some of its A320 cabins haven’t been updated since the airline first began flying nearly 20 years ago.
The overhaul of the A320s is now well under way, with about 40 already updated. The airline slowed the cabin upgrades earlier this year to help keep them in service as JetBlue grappled with delays in deliveries from Airbus of new A321neo jets.
Even with the slowdown, however, JetBlue said in July that it hoped to have 10 more refurbishments finished by the end of the year, and that pace seems to be holding.
“We’ve restyled 40 A320s and continue to target approximately 50 aircraft by the end of 2019,” JetBlue CFO said during the company’s most recent earnings call last month.
In total, JetBlue expects all 130 A320s to have updated cabins by the end of next year.
Among the highlights: an updated seatback entertainment system, including USB power points, and universal outlets in every row. There are some lowlights, too: the airline is installing more seats, slightly reducing legroom, though Zach found that the seats’ having a slimmer profile meant the changes aren’t that noticeable. Yet, JetBlue still has a greater average pitch — or measure of distance between rows — than the other U.S. carriers.
According to SeatGuru, A320s with the new configuration have 27 rows, as opposed to 25 in the old layout — so if you’re flying an A320 with two extra rows of seats, you’ll likely be treated to a refreshed interior.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees