Norwegian is making changes to some routes from London to the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian has announced a number of changes to its long-haul network for the summer 2020 season. While no routes are being cut and no new routes have been announced, some destinations will see increased services, while some will see a decrease in services.
Increased services from 29 March 2020 are as follows:
- London Gatwick (LGW) to San Francisco (SFO) — increases from five weekly to daily
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Austin (AUS) — increases from three weekly to four weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Denver (DEN) — increases from three weekly to four weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Tampa (TPA) — increases from two weekly to three weekly
At the same time, the following routes will see service reductions:
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Buenos Aires (EZE) — reduces from six weekly to five weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Miami (MIA) — reduces from daily to six weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Orlando (MCO) — reduces from six weekly to five weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Rio De Janeiro (GIG) — reduces from four weekly to three weekly
The frequency adjustments are part of Norwegian’s continued move from growth to profitability, with the airline explaining: “We are ensuring that we concentrate on key routes across our network where we see strong demand. These frequency adjustments ensure that our customers can have more choice when choosing their flights to the US at fares that remain affordable to all”.
Featured image by Ryan Patterson/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.