Norwegian is making changes to some routes from London to the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian has announced a number of changes to its long-haul network for the summer 2020 season. While no routes are being cut and no new routes have been announced, some destinations will see increased services, while some will see a decrease in services.
Increased services from 29 March 2020 are as follows:
- London Gatwick (LGW) to San Francisco (SFO) — increases from five weekly to daily
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Austin (AUS) — increases from three weekly to four weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Denver (DEN) — increases from three weekly to four weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Tampa (TPA) — increases from two weekly to three weekly
At the same time, the following routes will see service reductions:
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Buenos Aires (EZE) — reduces from six weekly to five weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Miami (MIA) — reduces from daily to six weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Orlando (MCO) — reduces from six weekly to five weekly
- London Gatwick (LGW) to Rio De Janeiro (GIG) — reduces from four weekly to three weekly
The frequency adjustments are part of Norwegian’s continued move from growth to profitability, with the airline explaining: “We are ensuring that we concentrate on key routes across our network where we see strong demand. These frequency adjustments ensure that our customers can have more choice when choosing their flights to the US at fares that remain affordable to all”.
Featured image by Ryan Patterson/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees