A Brand-New Way to Get Your Daily Points and Miles Fix From TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re one of the 100,000+ readers who gets their daily TPG fix from your email inbox, you woke up to find an entirely different newsletter waiting for you this morning. If you’re not yet a subscriber, you can register in just a few seconds right here. It’s the result of months of work by various members of the team — with such significant changes, I wanted to walk you through what’s new.
Aside from the design — part of which I’m going to share in a moment — the biggest change is that this newsletter is curated, often by yours truly. Our editorial team will be handpicking the stories you’ll see each day, including a mix of points and miles content and general travel industry news.
First, there’s a brief introduction, highlighting some of the most interesting stories of the day — this morning’s is just below:
Imagine returning from a trip to find that your keys no longer open the front door — and, oh wait, there’s a stranger living inside. One Georgia family now has a thank you note from their unwelcome intruder, and quite the story to share for the rest of their lives.
Today, we also check out some of the sharpest looking credit cards — including one that you can only sign up for through tomorrow — and we help you make the most of your points and miles, with a look at how much each currency’s worth this month.
-Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large
You’ll then see five of the day’s top articles, with custom headlines and summaries — you can always click on the title or image to bring up the full article.
The section below will change from one day to the next — this first edition features a newsletter introduction, though we’ll also use this space to share points and miles or travel tips, a reminder of deals with an end date just on the horizon and more.
Finally, we’ll round out each day with 10 articles — a mix of the most recent news, and content that didn’t quite find a home further up in the email. You can always expect to come across something interesting down here, though.
• Here’s Why You Almost Never See Pepsi Served on a Plane
• Does It Hurt to Pay Off Your Credit Card Balance Before the Billing Cycle Ends?
• How These 14 Retreats Can Help You Achieve Your Wellness Goals
• A New Year, a New TPG App on the Way
• 6 Tips for Surviving a Road Trip With a Large Family
• Great Service Across the Atlantic: Swiss Airlines in Economy From JFK to Dubai via Zurich
• Don’t Question Hong Kong Airlines Financial Health — Unless You Want a Lawsuit
• Sayonara: You Now Have to Pay If You Want to Leave Japan
• How to Avoid Dragging Your Child by Their Jacket Through the Airport
• Enormous Tuna Auctioned off for $3.1 Million at Tokyo’s Toyosu Fish Market
I hope you love our redesigned newsletter! You can click right here to subscribe.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.