This New Glamping Experience Will Fulfill Your Childhood Oregon Trail Dreams
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you grew up fording rivers, hunting for game and traversing the Western US in a covered wagon — all from behind a computer screen — then this might be the ultimate glamping package for you.
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging in Groveland, California, is offering a unique glamping experience in classic covered Conestoga Wagons. These large wagons are a little more luxe than the accommodations the pioneers were used to; they’re spacious enough to fit four to six people, come with a king-size bed and one or two twin-size bunk beds and provide air conditioning and heat.
As glamping is for those who want to experience the outdoors, but can’t deal with actually camping, these wagons also include an under-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, bed linens and are conveniently located near the restroom and showers.
The resort says the Conestoga wagons are meant to “re-create the ‘Pioneer Spirit’ with all the comfort of modern day lodging.” The wagons also come with a picnic area and a barbecue/fire ring. The resort is just 22 miles from the western gate of Yosemite National Park and has several on-site recreation amenities like a swimming pool, petting farm and bocce ball and volleyball courts.
The glamping wagons are only available for reservations offline from now through Sept. 30. In order to get a spot, you need to reserve for two consecutive nights by calling 209-962-7690 and using the code WAGONINTRO.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.