This New Glamping Experience Will Fulfill Your Childhood Oregon Trail Dreams
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you grew up fording rivers, hunting for game and traversing the Western US in a covered wagon — all from behind a computer screen — then this might be the ultimate glamping package for you.
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging in Groveland, California, is offering a unique glamping experience in classic covered Conestoga Wagons. These large wagons are a little more luxe than the accommodations the pioneers were used to; they’re spacious enough to fit four to six people, come with a king-size bed and one or two twin-size bunk beds and provide air conditioning and heat.
As glamping is for those who want to experience the outdoors, but can’t deal with actually camping, these wagons also include an under-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, bed linens and are conveniently located near the restroom and showers.
The resort says the Conestoga wagons are meant to “re-create the ‘Pioneer Spirit’ with all the comfort of modern day lodging.” The wagons also come with a picnic area and a barbecue/fire ring. The resort is just 22 miles from the western gate of Yosemite National Park and has several on-site recreation amenities like a swimming pool, petting farm and bocce ball and volleyball courts.
The glamping wagons are only available for reservations offline from now through Sept. 30. In order to get a spot, you need to reserve for two consecutive nights by calling 209-962-7690 and using the code WAGONINTRO.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees