Iberia unveils new uniforms, announces first woman designer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia Airlines employees will soon give runways a whole new meaning.
The Spanish airline unveiled a new line of uniforms over Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid, custom-created for Iberia by one of Spain’s top contemporary designers, Teresa Helbig — the airline’s first woman designer. The uniforms will be distributed to Iberia’s 6,500 cabin crew and ground employees on May 1.
Helbig’s designs include more than 20 items of apparel and accessories: Dresses, suits, skirts, trousers, shirts, blouses, overcoats, handbags, cardigans, blazers, scarves, sweaters, neckties and even special uniforms for pregnant employees.
Helbig said she chose colors that best represented Iberia’s brand and spirit. The predominantly navy-hued collection is accented with bright pops of red and yellow — Iberia’s brand colors — as well as a hint of beige. Navy symbolizes balance, while “red embodies passion, drive, and vitality, and yellow is stimulating, youthful, and energetic,” Helbig said in Iberia’s statement. Meanwhile, beige is “genuine. natural, calm, and very elegant.”
While Iberia’s new jackets are “a touch retro” and the coats have a “unisex flair,” Helbig said she made sure her designs allowed every employee a full range of motion. “There’s a reinterpretation of the iconic straight skirt… [and] the women’s trousers are anything but rigid — they facilitate women’s movements,” she said. “All are garments that we would be happy to wear for every day.”
Iberia commissioned its new uniforms from a Spanish designer in keeping with the airline’s #Talentoabordo project, which seeks to promote established and emerging Spanish creative artists in all the countries served by the Oneworld alliance carrier.
The new uniforms will be manufactured by the El Corte Inglés retail chain and individually delivered to each employee’s home, while alterations can be made at El Corte Inglés outlets near the Madrid and Barcelona airports.
Featured photo courtesy of Iberia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees