Iberia unveils new uniforms, announces first woman designer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia Airlines employees will soon give runways a whole new meaning.
The Spanish airline unveiled a new line of uniforms over Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid, custom-created for Iberia by one of Spain’s top contemporary designers, Teresa Helbig — the airline’s first woman designer. The uniforms will be distributed to Iberia’s 6,500 cabin crew and ground employees on May 1.
Helbig’s designs include more than 20 items of apparel and accessories: Dresses, suits, skirts, trousers, shirts, blouses, overcoats, handbags, cardigans, blazers, scarves, sweaters, neckties and even special uniforms for pregnant employees.
Helbig said she chose colors that best represented Iberia’s brand and spirit. The predominantly navy-hued collection is accented with bright pops of red and yellow — Iberia’s brand colors — as well as a hint of beige. Navy symbolizes balance, while “red embodies passion, drive, and vitality, and yellow is stimulating, youthful, and energetic,” Helbig said in Iberia’s statement. Meanwhile, beige is “genuine. natural, calm, and very elegant.”
While Iberia’s new jackets are “a touch retro” and the coats have a “unisex flair,” Helbig said she made sure her designs allowed every employee a full range of motion. “There’s a reinterpretation of the iconic straight skirt… [and] the women’s trousers are anything but rigid — they facilitate women’s movements,” she said. “All are garments that we would be happy to wear for every day.”
Iberia commissioned its new uniforms from a Spanish designer in keeping with the airline’s #Talentoabordo project, which seeks to promote established and emerging Spanish creative artists in all the countries served by the Oneworld alliance carrier.
The new uniforms will be manufactured by the El Corte Inglés retail chain and individually delivered to each employee’s home, while alterations can be made at El Corte Inglés outlets near the Madrid and Barcelona airports.
Featured photo courtesy of Iberia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.