Hotels are betting big on Vegas with brand-new luxury concepts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re betting you’re going to want to vacation in Las Vegas in the next few years.
With a bevy of new hotels being constructed, make a point to schedule at least a few trips to experience the newest and coolest hotels in Sin City.
Hilton Hotels, for example, just announced it’s partnering with Resorts World to open a massive, $4.3 billion integrated resort in summer 2021. It will include two of Hilton’s most popular brands, Hilton Hotels & Resorts and Conrad, plus LXR Hotels & Resorts — a luxury collection and one of the chain’s newest brands.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The complex will feature 3,500 rooms, and since it will be part of the Hilton Honors program, you’ll be able to redeem points and get elite benefits. It’s not immediately clear what the cash or points redemption rates will be.
It will be located at the North End of the Las Vegas strip, directly across from the Convention Center and Wynn and Encore, a spokesperson for Hilton told TPG.
“This will mark our largest multibrand deal in company history, and we are excited to work with our new partners to create a distinct hotel experience in an unbeatable location for our future guests and Hilton Honors members,” said Ian Carter, Hilton’s president of global development, architecture, design and construction.
Additionally, the multibrand development aims to “bring back the essence” of The Las Vegas Hilton. It was once the largest hotel in the world and featured plenty of gaming, conventions and entertainment for guests and visitors. The hotel is no longer affiliated with Hilton as of 2012, according to NBC News.
Guests staying at Hilton complex will be able to enjoy a 5,000-capacity theater equipped to host A-list celebrity residences and corporate events, as well as a 220,000-square-foot pool complex with seven different pool experiences. There will also be a spa and fitness center, plus plenty of upscale and casual dining venues.
Keep your eyes open, as more details — including specifics about the location — will continue to be revealed.
Hilton isn’t the only hotel chain betting big on Vegas. Dream Hotel Group recently announced plans to open a 21-story luxury hotel right near the iconic “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign. It will feature 450 rooms, a rooftop pool and plenty of nightlife venues — a signature of the Dream brand. Construction is expected to start early next year and should last about two years.
The hotel is expected to have 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space, as well as a casino. There will be a handful of signature restaurants, too, as well as a second-floor café, although it’s not yet known what type of cuisine will be served.
“We’re going to do a hotel that hasn’t really been seen yet in Las Vegas,” said Jay Stein, the CEO of Dream, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
But, if you’re hoping to hit Vegas this year and want to stay in a brand-new hotel, look to the Circa Resort. The property will fill a city block on atmospheric Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas. The 44-story resort will feature 777 rooms. Circa is scheduled to open in December.
One thing’s for sure: With Las Vegas’ constant state of evolution, you can bet you’re going to have a pretty epic trip to the city in the next couple of years.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees