Hotels are betting big on Vegas with brand-new luxury concepts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re betting you’re going to want to vacation in Las Vegas in the next few years.
With a bevy of new hotels being constructed, make a point to schedule at least a few trips to experience the newest and coolest hotels in Sin City.
Hilton Hotels, for example, just announced it’s partnering with Resorts World to open a massive, $4.3 billion integrated resort in summer 2021. It will include two of Hilton’s most popular brands, Hilton Hotels & Resorts and Conrad, plus LXR Hotels & Resorts — a luxury collection and one of the chain’s newest brands.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The complex will feature 3,500 rooms, and since it will be part of the Hilton Honors program, you’ll be able to redeem points and get elite benefits. It’s not immediately clear what the cash or points redemption rates will be.
It will be located at the North End of the Las Vegas strip, directly across from the Convention Center and Wynn and Encore, a spokesperson for Hilton told TPG.
“This will mark our largest multibrand deal in company history, and we are excited to work with our new partners to create a distinct hotel experience in an unbeatable location for our future guests and Hilton Honors members,” said Ian Carter, Hilton’s president of global development, architecture, design and construction.
Additionally, the multibrand development aims to “bring back the essence” of The Las Vegas Hilton. It was once the largest hotel in the world and featured plenty of gaming, conventions and entertainment for guests and visitors. The hotel is no longer affiliated with Hilton as of 2012, according to NBC News.
Guests staying at Hilton complex will be able to enjoy a 5,000-capacity theater equipped to host A-list celebrity residences and corporate events, as well as a 220,000-square-foot pool complex with seven different pool experiences. There will also be a spa and fitness center, plus plenty of upscale and casual dining venues.
Keep your eyes open, as more details — including specifics about the location — will continue to be revealed.
Hilton isn’t the only hotel chain betting big on Vegas. Dream Hotel Group recently announced plans to open a 21-story luxury hotel right near the iconic “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign. It will feature 450 rooms, a rooftop pool and plenty of nightlife venues — a signature of the Dream brand. Construction is expected to start early next year and should last about two years.
The hotel is expected to have 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space, as well as a casino. There will be a handful of signature restaurants, too, as well as a second-floor café, although it’s not yet known what type of cuisine will be served.
“We’re going to do a hotel that hasn’t really been seen yet in Las Vegas,” said Jay Stein, the CEO of Dream, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
But, if you’re hoping to hit Vegas this year and want to stay in a brand-new hotel, look to the Circa Resort. The property will fill a city block on atmospheric Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas. The 44-story resort will feature 777 rooms. Circa is scheduled to open in December.
One thing’s for sure: With Las Vegas’ constant state of evolution, you can bet you’re going to have a pretty epic trip to the city in the next couple of years.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.