Orient-Express debuts new, dream-worthy European routes aboard gorgeous Art Deco trains
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak coined the phrase long ago and it still rings true: “There’s something about a train that’s magic.”
Amtrak might not bring the cachet of some of the world’s most luxurious locomotives, but say the words “Orient Express,” and you start to picture classic train carriages that have been meticulously restored and adorned with cherry wood furniture and paneling, gold and brass accents, and supple crushed-velvet sitting chairs. That is the refined world of high-end train travel aboard Belmond’s Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
The Orient Express launched service back in 1883 and has welcomed guests ranging from Tolstoy and Trotsky to Judi Dench and Johnny Depp.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Now it’s your turn to get on board as the rail line debuts new routes across Europe. Additionally, if you really want to plan the trip of a lifetime, book one of three new Grand Suites — the Vienna, Prague and Budapest — that make their debut this season.
You probably know the Orient-Express for its London to Venice trek. However, there are more routes to explore.
Most packages are one night and transit between two of Europe’s most compelling cities. (There is also a four-night London to Venice excursion in April 2021, but it’s sold out. Call Belmond to get on the waitlist for that one.)
Overnight train routes, which you can pair with stays at Belmond hotels, travel between:
You can travel aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Europe from March through November and the train company also offers an annual trip to Istanbul.
These train trips start around 4,000 British pounds per passenger.
Featured image courtesy of Belmond Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.