Orient-Express debuts new, dream-worthy European routes aboard gorgeous Art Deco trains
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak coined the phrase long ago and it still rings true: “There’s something about a train that’s magic.”
Amtrak might not bring the cachet of some of the world’s most luxurious locomotives, but say the words “Orient Express,” and you start to picture classic train carriages that have been meticulously restored and adorned with cherry wood furniture and paneling, gold and brass accents, and supple crushed-velvet sitting chairs. That is the refined world of high-end train travel aboard Belmond’s Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
The Orient Express launched service back in 1883 and has welcomed guests ranging from Tolstoy and Trotsky to Judi Dench and Johnny Depp.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Now it’s your turn to get on board as the rail line debuts new routes across Europe. Additionally, if you really want to plan the trip of a lifetime, book one of three new Grand Suites — the Vienna, Prague and Budapest — that make their debut this season.
You probably know the Orient-Express for its London to Venice trek. However, there are more routes to explore.
Most packages are one night and transit between two of Europe’s most compelling cities. (There is also a four-night London to Venice excursion in April 2021, but it’s sold out. Call Belmond to get on the waitlist for that one.)
Overnight train routes, which you can pair with stays at Belmond hotels, travel between:
You can travel aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Europe from March through November and the train company also offers an annual trip to Istanbul.
These train trips start around 4,000 British pounds per passenger.
Featured image courtesy of Belmond Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees