Air France-KLM Launches New Rewards Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying Blue loyalty program fans have a new way to earn miles and points toward elite status: Air France-KLM and Bank of America have just launched a new cobranded credit card that offers bonus miles on both airfare purchases and on everyday spend.
The new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard also comes with a 25,000-mile welcome bonus after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. That bonus is worth $300 according to TPG’s latest valuations, which peg Flying Blue points at 1.2 cents each. Cardholders also will earn 5,000 miles (worth $60) every year on their account anniversary after spending at least $50 on purchases within the anniversary year.
You’ll also earn 60 Experience Points, or XP, upon card approval. That’s the currency for earning elite status that Flying Blue switched to earlier this year, replacing Level Miles and qualifying flights. The free XP is enough to get you more than halfway toward the 100 XP you need to earn Silver status. What’s more, cardholders also will receive 20 XP every year on their account anniversary. Spend $15,000 within an anniversary year, and you’ll earn another 40 XP.
As for rewards, you’ll earn:
- 3 miles per $1 on direct purchases from Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines
- 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
The annual fee is $89, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
Miles can be redeemed for flights booked directly through Flying Blue partners, including Air France, KLM, Hop, Joon and Transavia. You’ll need to use Flying Blue’s pricing calculator, which will let you know the minimum number of miles needed for an award. Miles required are based on origin, destination and the date of your flight. You can also book flights through SkyTeam partners. In total, the loyalty program boasts 39 airline partners and more than 100 non-airline partners.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees