Air France-KLM Launches New Rewards Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying Blue loyalty program fans have a new way to earn miles and points toward elite status: Air France-KLM and Bank of America have just launched a new cobranded credit card that offers bonus miles on both airfare purchases and on everyday spend.
The new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard also comes with a 25,000-mile welcome bonus after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. That bonus is worth $300 according to TPG’s latest valuations, which peg Flying Blue points at 1.2 cents each. Cardholders also will earn 5,000 miles (worth $60) every year on their account anniversary after spending at least $50 on purchases within the anniversary year.
You’ll also earn 60 Experience Points, or XP, upon card approval. That’s the currency for earning elite status that Flying Blue switched to earlier this year, replacing Level Miles and qualifying flights. The free XP is enough to get you more than halfway toward the 100 XP you need to earn Silver status. What’s more, cardholders also will receive 20 XP every year on their account anniversary. Spend $15,000 within an anniversary year, and you’ll earn another 40 XP.
As for rewards, you’ll earn:
- 3 miles per $1 on direct purchases from Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines
- 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
The annual fee is $89, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
Miles can be redeemed for flights booked directly through Flying Blue partners, including Air France, KLM, Hop, Joon and Transavia. You’ll need to use Flying Blue’s pricing calculator, which will let you know the minimum number of miles needed for an award. Miles required are based on origin, destination and the date of your flight. You can also book flights through SkyTeam partners. In total, the loyalty program boasts 39 airline partners and more than 100 non-airline partners.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.