MSC Cruises’ newest ship, MSC Seashore, sails inaugural voyage in the Med
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MSC Cruises’ newest ship, MSC Seashore, set sail on its inaugural voyage Monday, Aug. 9, marking the line’s second new-build to debut this year.
Having departed from Barcelona, the ship will also visit Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Messina and Valletta during its seven-night Mediterranean itinerary.
With the capacity for 5,632 passengers, the vessel is the first in MSC’s Seaside EVO Class, which is a new take on the line’s popular Seaside Class of ships. Both types represent some of MSC’s newest hardware, which focuses heavily on outdoor spaces that draw passengers closer to the sea.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s cruise newsletter.
Although more than half of Seashore’s onboard spaces differ from those found on Seaside-class ships, the vessel does boast 140,000 square feet of outdoor space; six swimming pools; 11 different stateroom types, including those found in the exclusive MSC Yacht Club, which now boasts 21,528 square feet of exclusive space for cruisers in suites; 18 bars and lounges; five specialty restaurants; and four main dining rooms.
Following a summer season in the Med, the ship will sail an 18-night transatlantic voyage to Miami, where it will homeport. From there, it will offer a series of Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises that include calls on Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, San Juan, St. Thomas and Puerto Plata, as well as Ocean Cay Marine Reserve, one of the line’s private islands, located in the Bahamas.
The first MSC Cruises voyage from the U.S. in nearly 18 months departed Aug. 2 from Miami onboard MSC Meraviglia, but MSC has been sailing in Europe for the past year and was the first line to introduce the concept of bubble excursions — those which must be purchased through the cruise line to ensure safety measures are upheld.
MSC Seashore is the 19th ship for the Geneva-based cruise line, which has four more vessels planned by 2025, plus the option for up to six more by 2030. The second ship in the Seaside EVO Class, MSC Seascape, is set to begin sailing for the line in November 2022. It is rumored that a roller coaster is planned for Seascape, but there’s no word yet on whether it will be similar to the Bolt Sea Coaster on Carnival’s new Mardi Gras.
Featured rendering courtesy of MSC Cruises.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees