This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It should come as no surprise that some cities are more expensive than others. From cost of living to accommodation prices, and whether you live there or you’re just visiting, you should be prepared to fork over a little more cash in some parts of the world.
According to new information from Bloomberg Index, the trend holds true even for Airbnbs. Contributing to the high cost for Airbnb rentals are a combination of high hotel and apartment costs, as well as strong tourism.
Two US cities took the top spots — Miami ($205 per night) and Boston ($195 per night). Strong tourism numbers helped there to be five Middle Eastern cities within the 20 most-expensive cities for Airbnb rentals.
Here’s how the rest of the top-20 list rounds out:
1. Miami ($205)
2. Boston ($195)
3. Reykjavik ($194)
4. Tel Aviv ($188)
5. Dubai ($185)
6. Los Angeles ($180)
7. Amsterdam ($178)
8. San Francisco ($178)
9. Jerusalem ($173)
10. Sydney ($173)
11. Riyadh ($171)
12. Edinburgh ($166)
13. New York ($159)
14. Seattle ($156)
15. Kuwait City ($155)
16 – tie. London ($154)
16 – tie. Singapore ($154)
18. Washington, DC ($153)
19. Dublin ($152)
20. Barcelona ($151)
Featured image by Carsten Schanter / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards