This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It should come as no surprise that some cities are more expensive than others. From cost of living to accommodation prices, and whether you live there or you’re just visiting, you should be prepared to fork over a little more cash in some parts of the world.
According to new information from Bloomberg Index, the trend holds true even for Airbnbs. Contributing to the high cost for Airbnb rentals are a combination of high hotel and apartment costs, as well as strong tourism.
Two US cities took the top spots — Miami ($205 per night) and Boston ($195 per night). Strong tourism numbers helped there to be five Middle Eastern cities within the 20 most-expensive cities for Airbnb rentals.
Here’s how the rest of the top-20 list rounds out:
1. Miami ($205)
2. Boston ($195)
3. Reykjavik ($194)
4. Tel Aviv ($188)
5. Dubai ($185)
6. Los Angeles ($180)
7. Amsterdam ($178)
8. San Francisco ($178)
9. Jerusalem ($173)
10. Sydney ($173)
11. Riyadh ($171)
12. Edinburgh ($166)
13. New York ($159)
14. Seattle ($156)
15. Kuwait City ($155)
16 – tie. London ($154)
16 – tie. Singapore ($154)
18. Washington, DC ($153)
19. Dublin ($152)
20. Barcelona ($151)
Featured image by Carsten Schanter / EyeEm / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees