These Are the Most Expensive Cities in the World for Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It should come as no surprise that some cities are more expensive than others. From cost of living to accommodation prices, and whether you live there or you’re just visiting, you should be prepared to fork over a little more cash in some parts of the world.
According to new information from Bloomberg Index, the trend holds true even for Airbnbs. Contributing to the high cost for Airbnb rentals are a combination of high hotel and apartment costs, as well as strong tourism.
Two US cities took the top spots — Miami ($205 per night) and Boston ($195 per night). Strong tourism numbers helped there to be five Middle Eastern cities within the 20 most-expensive cities for Airbnb rentals.
Here’s how the rest of the top-20 list rounds out:
1. Miami ($205)
2. Boston ($195)
3. Reykjavik ($194)
4. Tel Aviv ($188)
5. Dubai ($185)
6. Los Angeles ($180)
7. Amsterdam ($178)
8. San Francisco ($178)
9. Jerusalem ($173)
10. Sydney ($173)
11. Riyadh ($171)
12. Edinburgh ($166)
13. New York ($159)
14. Seattle ($156)
15. Kuwait City ($155)
16 – tie. London ($154)
16 – tie. Singapore ($154)
18. Washington, DC ($153)
19. Dublin ($152)
20. Barcelona ($151)
Featured image by Carsten Schanter / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees