These Are the Most Expensive Cities in the World for Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It should come as no surprise that some cities are more expensive than others. From cost of living to accommodation prices, and whether you live there or you’re just visiting, you should be prepared to fork over a little more cash in some parts of the world.
According to new information from Bloomberg Index, the trend holds true even for Airbnbs. Contributing to the high cost for Airbnb rentals are a combination of high hotel and apartment costs, as well as strong tourism.
Two US cities took the top spots — Miami ($205 per night) and Boston ($195 per night). Strong tourism numbers helped there to be five Middle Eastern cities within the 20 most-expensive cities for Airbnb rentals.
Here’s how the rest of the top-20 list rounds out:
1. Miami ($205)
2. Boston ($195)
3. Reykjavik ($194)
4. Tel Aviv ($188)
5. Dubai ($185)
6. Los Angeles ($180)
7. Amsterdam ($178)
8. San Francisco ($178)
9. Jerusalem ($173)
10. Sydney ($173)
11. Riyadh ($171)
12. Edinburgh ($166)
13. New York ($159)
14. Seattle ($156)
15. Kuwait City ($155)
16 – tie. London ($154)
16 – tie. Singapore ($154)
18. Washington, DC ($153)
19. Dublin ($152)
20. Barcelona ($151)
Featured image by Carsten Schanter / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.