This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Worldwide London-based hotel chain Millennium Hotels and Resorts recently launched a new rewards program that will simplify loyalty for its guests, as first reported by Skift. The program, called My Millennium, uses a single-tiered system, so you can forget about trying to reach gold, silver or platinum status. All you’ll need to do to redeem rewards is earn points. To earn points, you’ll have to spend. Here’s how it works.
For every dollar spent on qualifying room spends (before taxes), My Millennium members earn 10 points. And for every 10-night block, members will have their points for that block doubled.
So, let’s say you book a 10-night stay at a Millennium hotel, in which you’re spending $300 per night. By the end of the trip, the 30,000 points earned with My Millennium will then be doubled to 60,000. This perk allows travelers the chance to earn twice as much without forcing the hotel chain to complicate its program with tiers.
Members can redeem points for instant rewards like lounge access or dining vouchers, room upgrades and, of course, room redemptions. My Millennium points are valued at .5 cents, so you’d need 20,000 points to book a $100 hotel room. According to the company, the average award night will ring in at 27,000 points and the average room upgrade will cost 4,000 points. Members can also redeem points for gifts and vouchers, however, points are worth less in those redemptions, at .4 cents.
Along with the redemptions of the program, My Millennium members receive special rates on rooms as well as extra treats, like dining discounts and triple points during your birthday month.
While the program doesn’t have the street cred of a top-tiered loyal program, it allows for an accessible route for all travelers to earn and redeem points. Plus, with the ability to double points after each 10-night block, travelers who spend lots of nights away from home can quickly rack up enough points to redeem award nights.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Millennium Hotels and Resorts.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees