Millennium Hotels and Resorts Is Launching a Simplified Rewards Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Worldwide London-based hotel chain Millennium Hotels and Resorts recently launched a new rewards program that will simplify loyalty for its guests, as first reported by Skift. The program, called My Millennium, uses a single-tiered system, so you can forget about trying to reach gold, silver or platinum status. All you’ll need to do to redeem rewards is earn points. To earn points, you’ll have to spend. Here’s how it works.
For every dollar spent on qualifying room spends (before taxes), My Millennium members earn 10 points. And for every 10-night block, members will have their points for that block doubled.
So, let’s say you book a 10-night stay at a Millennium hotel, in which you’re spending $300 per night. By the end of the trip, the 30,000 points earned with My Millennium will then be doubled to 60,000. This perk allows travelers the chance to earn twice as much without forcing the hotel chain to complicate its program with tiers.
Members can redeem points for instant rewards like lounge access or dining vouchers, room upgrades and, of course, room redemptions. My Millennium points are valued at .5 cents, so you’d need 20,000 points to book a $100 hotel room. According to the company, the average award night will ring in at 27,000 points and the average room upgrade will cost 4,000 points. Members can also redeem points for gifts and vouchers, however, points are worth less in those redemptions, at .4 cents.
Along with the redemptions of the program, My Millennium members receive special rates on rooms as well as extra treats, like dining discounts and triple points during your birthday month.
While the program doesn’t have the street cred of a top-tiered loyal program, it allows for an accessible route for all travelers to earn and redeem points. Plus, with the ability to double points after each 10-night block, travelers who spend lots of nights away from home can quickly rack up enough points to redeem award nights.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Millennium Hotels and Resorts.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.