Miles Away: Escape the winter blues in sunny Austin, Texas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This week on the TPG Miles Away podcast, I can’t wait to introduce you to the capital city of Texas. I’ve called Austin home for more than 15 years now, and I’m excited to tell you all about the best places to score your BBQ fix, listen to live music, enjoy the great outdoors and other ways we work hard to live up to our city slogan of “Keep Austin Weird.” We’re not just a top bachelor/bachelorette party destination: We also have a thriving tech industry, film and cinema scene, burgeoning foodie culture and wonderful musical talent to offer. Despite my views on the vehicular infestation scourging our streets, this episode might provide just the nudge you need to book a weekend trip to the heart of sunny Texas. Or stay for the week — we welcome y’all for as long as you’d like to be here.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Follow me on Instagram to share my daily shenanigans and global travels. And as always, please email Zach Honig, tweet him or find him on Instagram if you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover on the Miles Away podcast. And don’t forget to subscribe to Miles Away.
Featured photo by Katherine Fan / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.