Miles Away: Escape the winter blues in sunny Austin, Texas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This week on the TPG Miles Away podcast, I can’t wait to introduce you to the capital city of Texas. I’ve called Austin home for more than 15 years now, and I’m excited to tell you all about the best places to score your BBQ fix, listen to live music, enjoy the great outdoors and other ways we work hard to live up to our city slogan of “Keep Austin Weird.” We’re not just a top bachelor/bachelorette party destination: We also have a thriving tech industry, film and cinema scene, burgeoning foodie culture and wonderful musical talent to offer. Despite my views on the vehicular infestation scourging our streets, this episode might provide just the nudge you need to book a weekend trip to the heart of sunny Texas. Or stay for the week — we welcome y’all for as long as you’d like to be here.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Follow me on Instagram to share my daily shenanigans and global travels. And as always, please email Zach Honig, tweet him or find him on Instagram if you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover on the Miles Away podcast. And don’t forget to subscribe to Miles Away.
Featured photo by Katherine Fan / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees