Megabus offering free tickets on Cyber Monday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab your bag and your friends and get ready for a cheap getaway because Megabus is giving away 200,000 free tickets to celebrate Cyber Monday on Dec. 2.
While Megabus isn’t right for every type of traveler, it’s perfect for those looking for a low-cost, last-minute getaway — or in this case, free. Think college students looking for a trip home for the weekend or city dwellers looking for a change of scenery.
Megabus offers an affordable option to travel through the U.S. and Canada with availability in over 100 cities and university campuses, making it a go-to option for budget travelers.
So how does this deal work? Megabus will randomly spread out 200,000 free one-way tickets on nationwide travel between Jan. 8 – Feb 29, 2020. The tickets will be released on Monday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. EST. There’s no limit to how many tickets one person can claim, so you could really load up on tickets.
As someone from the D.C. suburbs who currently lives in New York City, I take the bus quite often as it allows me to see my family on a whim without breaking the bank. Of course, I’d prefer the convenience and speed of the train or plane, but those options simply don’t offer the same price point. Just take a look at TPG’s Race to D.C. and you’ll see just how much the bus can save you. That’s more cash in your pocket to spend at the destination instead of on the road. Who would complain about that?
Featured photo by TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.