Megabus offering free tickets on Cyber Monday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab your bag and your friends and get ready for a cheap getaway because Megabus is giving away 200,000 free tickets to celebrate Cyber Monday on Dec. 2.
While Megabus isn’t right for every type of traveler, it’s perfect for those looking for a low-cost, last-minute getaway — or in this case, free. Think college students looking for a trip home for the weekend or city dwellers looking for a change of scenery.
Megabus offers an affordable option to travel through the U.S. and Canada with availability in over 100 cities and university campuses, making it a go-to option for budget travelers.
So how does this deal work? Megabus will randomly spread out 200,000 free one-way tickets on nationwide travel between Jan. 8 – Feb 29, 2020. The tickets will be released on Monday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. EST. There’s no limit to how many tickets one person can claim, so you could really load up on tickets.
As someone from the D.C. suburbs who currently lives in New York City, I take the bus quite often as it allows me to see my family on a whim without breaking the bank. Of course, I’d prefer the convenience and speed of the train or plane, but those options simply don’t offer the same price point. Just take a look at TPG’s Race to D.C. and you’ll see just how much the bus can save you. That’s more cash in your pocket to spend at the destination instead of on the road. Who would complain about that?
Featured photo by TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees