Marriott Rewards MORE Shopping Portal Closing November 15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s largest hotel group announced the program’s sunset, simply posting a banner on the Marriott Rewards MORE landing page stating, “Marriott Rewards MORE ends November 15, 2018. Don’t worry — there are still plenty of ways to use your points.” No further communication was made.The MORE portal allows members to either earn or redeem points for purchases. On the value side, the earning potential far outstrips the redemption side, as TPG currently values Marriott Rewards points at 0.9 cents apiece, while in contrast, the approximate redemption value per point is 0.37 cents.
While there are a number of other ways to earn Marriott Rewards points outside of hotel stays or even holding a credit card, the loss of the MORE portal will no doubt be a disappointment to some, especially as we enter the holiday shopping season. That being said, Marriott’s merchant portal roster was quite short compared to that of most cashback and points portals, so the overall loss isn’t as extensive as it could have been.
TPG reached out to Marriott for more information, but did not hear back by time of publication.
Featured photo by @alesha_macarosha via Twenty20.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees