Marriott and Emirates Relaunch ‘Your World Rewards’ Partnership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, Marriott and Emirates announced the relaunch of Your World Rewards, a program designed to give elite-like benefits to loyal members of both programs. Originally launched in 2014, the program was put on hold after Marriott purchased Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) in 2016, with new registrations no longer permitted. Now, elite members can again sign up for Your World Rewards using either Emirates’ or Marriott’s links.
Originally designed to offer reciprocal benefits for upper tier elites, the program operates similarly to Marriott’s existing RewardsPlus partnership with United.
Here’s what you need to know about this relaunch:
Marriott Bonvoy members
Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite members:
- Earn 3 points per US dollar spent on all eligible Emirates flights, in addition to their regularly earned miles (an extra return of 2.4% based on TPG’s most recent valuations)
Meanwhile, Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador members will enjoy the following in-airport benefits:
- Priority check-in
- Priority boarding
Just note that in order to earn the bonus Marriott points, you must credit your Emirates-operated flights to your Skywards account. This forecloses you from earning points with another Emirates partner like Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. Since Alaska still awards miles based on the distance flown, you’re probably best off earning Skywards miles on shorter, more expensive flights. For the longer, cheaper ones, crediting the flights to Alaska (and forgoing the bonus Marriott points) could be much more lucrative.
Silver, Gold and Platinum members:
- Earn 1 Skywards mile per US dollar spent on all eligible stays at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and resorts worldwide (an extra return of 1.2% based on TPG’s most recent valuations).
- Receive additional benefits at Marriott hotels and resorts:
- 4pm checkout (when available)
- Elite check-in
- Complimentary in-room WiFi
These types of partnerships are a somewhat recent development on the points and miles front, but they offer a nice, added incentive for travelers to do business with a preferred partner — a great way to double-dip. Interestingly (and luckily) enough, these benefits start at the Gold Elite level for Marriott members, a status given to holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (enrollment required) and the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. If you hold one of those cards and take even the occasional Emirates flight, you’re now eligible to earn an added bonus on those flights.
While the added perks aren’t earth-shattering by any stretch, it’s nevertheless a positive change for elite members of either program. There’s definitely value to be had when flying economy — especially for those with carry-on luggage in need of overhead space — and late-check out can be a boon for those with evening flights.
If you’re a loyal Marriott member, you might as well register for the program, even if you don’t have plans to travel with Emirates in the near future. You never know when an eligible trip might pop up.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees