New Marriott promotion: Earn 2,000 points per stay starting with second stay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Bonvoy has launched its first global promotion for 2020, and it’s worth registering if you’ll have more than two Marriott stays in the next few months.
With the “Elevated Earning” promotion, you’ll earn 2,000 Marriott points per stay starting with your second stay, and there’s no limit to the number of points you can earn. TPG values Marriott points at 0.8 cents apiece, so 2,000 points is equivalent to about $16.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To participate in the promotion, you’ll need to register here by May 31, 2020 and stay between March 17 and June 14, 2020. Starting with your second stay, you’ll earn 2,000 points per stay with no cap during the earning period.
You’ll be able to earn the bonus at most participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brands, however:
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points
- Only points-qualifying rates are eligible, so award stays and bookings made through a third-party site like the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal or Expedia won’t earn bonus points
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity
- You must have your Marriott account set to earn points (not miles) to participate in the promotion
Earn more Marriott points
If you don’t have paid Marriott stays coming up but want to boost your Marriott points balance, the easiest way to do so is through welcome bonuses and spending on Marriott cobranded credit cards.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn 75,000 Marriott points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Here’s our Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card: Earn 30,000 Marriott points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Check out our Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card review.
You can also earn a solid bonus on these Amex Marriott cards (terms apply):
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. You can find out more about this premium card in our Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Earn 75,000 Marriott points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Here’s our full Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex review.
Even if you don’t have Marriott stays planned this quarter, it’s worth registering for the promotion because it only takes a minute. You never know when a surprise trip might pop up.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
For a limited time, earn 100,000 points with this card after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. Offer ends 4/8/20. TPG values 100K Bonvoy points to be worth around $800. Aside from the huge welcome offer you'll earn up to $300 in statement credits each year and 1 free night every year after cardmember anniversary. Terms apply.
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees