An $850 million hotel where you can’t smoke or gamble is opening in Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Toto, we’re not in Vegas anymore.
Sin City will soon be home to a new, ultra-luxurious five-star hotel. While that isn’t normally out of the ordinary, this hotel is setting itself apart from its neighbors in two very significant ways: neither gaming nor smoking are allowed. Instead, the $850-million property, called The Majestic, will focus on health and wellness, according to Fox Business.
Instead of casinos and cigar lounges, the hotel will boast a 70,000-square foot fitness center spread across four floors and a med spa offering exercise classes, body treatments and access to nutritionists and physicians.
Developer Lorenzo Doumani told FOX Business, “There’s a lot of very healthy people in Vegas. It’s not just the casinos and the smoke and all of that.” That said, options for wellness-conscious travelers and Las Vegas residents alike are few and far between. Enter The Majestic.
As the country overall becomes more health and wellness-conscious, travelers are looking for more places to unwind and stick to their health-conscious routines. Doumami is looking to provide a “one-stop shop for people to get their health examined,” while giving them personalized plans that will help prevent health-related complications down the road.
Strategically, the developers have their eye on convention-goers from Fortune 500 companies; after all, they’re the ones with insurance plans that can cover the costs. In fact, the hotel is going to be located around the corner from the new convention center. While the center itself is still under construction, the Majestic is slated to begin its own construction this May. Reports say it will be completed in 2023.
If you’re planning a trip to Las Vegas soon — for business or pleasure — now’s a good time as any to brush up on our favorite tips and trick to take advantage of while you’re there. For instance, you might be able to reduce the cost of your trip while maximizing your benefits by leveraging elite status across its hotels. There are also a few things no one tells you about the city, but you’ll definitely want to know them before you go.
As far as flights go, we recommend booking your tickets on a card that earns you bonus points on airfare purchases, such as the The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x when booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x).
Featured image courtesy of Majestic Las Vegas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees