This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft is expanding its service of offering free rides to cancer patients.
As part of Lyft’s existing partnership with the American Cancer Society (ACS), the company and charity are growing the Road to Recovery program that provides complimentary rides to cancer patients headed to and from their treatments. The ride-hailing company launched a test of the program in Miami last fall, and it’s proven to be successful.
The program’s now available in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia St. Louis and possibly other cities. You can call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org to see if your in an eligible area and to coordinate a ride. The ACS will then book a ride through Lyft’s concierge service.
It’s recommended to call the ACS a few days before your appointment to make sure you can get a ride for the best time that works for you.
Lyft also offers free rides to those with Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in transportation deserts. Uber has a similar program, Uber Health, that ferries patients to their medical appointments.
For those who’d like to volunteer to give cancer patients free rides (you don’t have to be a Lyft driver to volunteer), you can visit the Road to Recovery website.
Featured image by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees