Lyft Significantly Expands Program Offering Free Rides to Cancer Patients
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft is expanding its service of offering free rides to cancer patients.
As part of Lyft’s existing partnership with the American Cancer Society (ACS), the company and charity are growing the Road to Recovery program that provides complimentary rides to cancer patients headed to and from their treatments. The ride-hailing company launched a test of the program in Miami last fall, and it’s proven to be successful.
The program’s now available in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia St. Louis and possibly other cities. You can call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org to see if your in an eligible area and to coordinate a ride. The ACS will then book a ride through Lyft’s concierge service.
It’s recommended to call the ACS a few days before your appointment to make sure you can get a ride for the best time that works for you.
Lyft also offers free rides to those with Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in transportation deserts. Uber has a similar program, Uber Health, that ferries patients to their medical appointments.
For those who’d like to volunteer to give cancer patients free rides (you don’t have to be a Lyft driver to volunteer), you can visit the Road to Recovery website.
Featured image by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees