This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft is expanding its service of offering free rides to cancer patients.
As part of Lyft’s existing partnership with the American Cancer Society (ACS), the company and charity are growing the Road to Recovery program that provides complimentary rides to cancer patients headed to and from their treatments. The ride-hailing company launched a test of the program in Miami last fall, and it’s proven to be successful.
The program’s now available in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia St. Louis and possibly other cities. You can call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org to see if your in an eligible area and to coordinate a ride. The ACS will then book a ride through Lyft’s concierge service.
It’s recommended to call the ACS a few days before your appointment to make sure you can get a ride for the best time that works for you.
Lyft also offers free rides to those with Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in transportation deserts. Uber has a similar program, Uber Health, that ferries patients to their medical appointments.
For those who’d like to volunteer to give cancer patients free rides (you don’t have to be a Lyft driver to volunteer), you can visit the Road to Recovery website.
Featured image by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that