Lyft Significantly Expands Program Offering Free Rides to Cancer Patients
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft is expanding its service of offering free rides to cancer patients.
As part of Lyft’s existing partnership with the American Cancer Society (ACS), the company and charity are growing the Road to Recovery program that provides complimentary rides to cancer patients headed to and from their treatments. The ride-hailing company launched a test of the program in Miami last fall, and it’s proven to be successful.
The program’s now available in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia St. Louis and possibly other cities. You can call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org to see if your in an eligible area and to coordinate a ride. The ACS will then book a ride through Lyft’s concierge service.
It’s recommended to call the ACS a few days before your appointment to make sure you can get a ride for the best time that works for you.
Lyft also offers free rides to those with Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in transportation deserts. Uber has a similar program, Uber Health, that ferries patients to their medical appointments.
For those who’d like to volunteer to give cancer patients free rides (you don’t have to be a Lyft driver to volunteer), you can visit the Road to Recovery website.
Featured image by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.