Lufthansa to take over Frankfurt-Ottawa run from Air Canada
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa will add Ottawa to its route map next year, taking over the seasonal run from Frankfurt from partner Air Canada.
The Star Alliance carrier will offer five-times weekly service between Frankfurt (FRA) and Ottawa (YOW) beginning May 16, it announced on Tuesday. Lufthansa will operate an Airbus A340-300 with 279 seats on the route through Oct. 24, 2020.
Ottawa will be Lufthansa‘s fifth city in Canada after Calgary (YYC), Montreal (YUL), Toronto (YYZ), and Vancouver (YVR).
Air Canada has flown between Frankfurt and Ottawa during the summer season since 2008, according to Diio by Cirium schedule data. It currently operates a Boeing 767-300ER on the route.
While dropping the Frankfurt run from Canada’s capital, Air Canada will shift its year-round flight to London Heathrow (LHR) from Ottawa to a Boeing 787-8 with 255 seats on Mar. 29, the Montreal-based carrier said in a statement. The airline operates a 767-300ER with 211 seats on the route today, Diio data shows.
Air Canada and Lufthansa have an immunized joint venture between Canada and Europe that allows them to coordinate everything from schedules to fares and marketing as if they were a single carrier. The pact, which also covers flights between the U.S. and Europe, includes Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Swiss and United Airlines.
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee