Eligible SPG Members Now Have Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier Perks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While many Marriott members have experienced some frustration following the merger, at least one group of former SPG elites likely woke up to a very pleasant upgrade today: Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (soon to be Bonvoy Titanium Elite).
2018 was actually the final year Marriott offered Platinum Premier for life, and certain SPG members were grandfathered in. According to the chain:
“Members who reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018, will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019). In addition, members that achieve Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum under the legacy requirements by year end will also be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status. And don’t forget that we’ll combine Lifetime activity across both Rewards and SPG toward qualification when members combine accounts. Beginning in 2019, qualification into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status will not be available.”
Marriott has confirmed that eligible accounts have now been upgraded — if you see Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite reflected in your profile online or via the SPG or Marriott Rewards apps, you should be good to go with Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium once that launches next month.
I, for one, made an extra push at the end of 2018 to hit that 750-night requirement, finishing the year with 755 (my stats below reflect the six nights I’ve stayed so far this year).
Lifetime Platinum Premier members are eligible for standard Platinum benefits, including suite upgrades, complimentary enhanced Wi-Fi, breakfast at many hotels and lounge access. Additionally, members earn a 75% points bonus and are eligible for Marriott’s “48-Hour Guaranteed Availability” program, allowing them to always book a paid room at most sold out hotels, except over blackout periods, such as during “special events.”
Featured image of the St. Regis Bora Bora by Zach Honig.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees