JetBlue gifts Mosaic status to some loyal customers for the holidays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there.
You’re just a few points, miles or dollars away from the next status tier, with no hope of bridging the gap before the new year.
But, for some lucky JetBlue loyalists, the airline decided to give them the gift of Mosaic for 2020.
TPG reader Maxwell L. tipped us off earlier this week that he got an email from the airline informing him that although he was just a hundred points shy of reaching the Mosaic threshold himself, the airline wanted to reward his loyalty and extended his status through the new year.
The airline confirmed it was not a fluke, or worse yet, an email sent in error.
In a statement to TPG, JetBlue said, “We were feeling the holiday spirit and wanted to fly it forward. We saw that a small group of our most loyal TrueBlue members were a mere few points away from reaching Mosaic status again for 2020. As a small holiday treat, we surprised them by extending their Mosaic status into the new year.”
The fine print of the email explained that the recipients won’t get the 15,000 bonus points that Mosaic TrueBlue members usually get when they get the status themselves, but another year of the benefits being a Mosaic member brings ain’t too shabby.
Those who achieve Mosaic status get free checked bags, expedited security, priority boarding, free alcoholic beverages onboard, waived ticket change and cancellation fees, discounts on seats with extra leg room and a dedicated customer service phone line.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees