JetBlue gifts Mosaic status to some loyal customers for the holidays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there.
You’re just a few points, miles or dollars away from the next status tier, with no hope of bridging the gap before the new year.
But, for some lucky JetBlue loyalists, the airline decided to give them the gift of Mosaic for 2020.
TPG reader Maxwell L. tipped us off earlier this week that he got an email from the airline informing him that although he was just a hundred points shy of reaching the Mosaic threshold himself, the airline wanted to reward his loyalty and extended his status through the new year.
The airline confirmed it was not a fluke, or worse yet, an email sent in error.
In a statement to TPG, JetBlue said, “We were feeling the holiday spirit and wanted to fly it forward. We saw that a small group of our most loyal TrueBlue members were a mere few points away from reaching Mosaic status again for 2020. As a small holiday treat, we surprised them by extending their Mosaic status into the new year.”
The fine print of the email explained that the recipients won’t get the 15,000 bonus points that Mosaic TrueBlue members usually get when they get the status themselves, but another year of the benefits being a Mosaic member brings ain’t too shabby.
Those who achieve Mosaic status get free checked bags, expedited security, priority boarding, free alcoholic beverages onboard, waived ticket change and cancellation fees, discounts on seats with extra leg room and a dedicated customer service phone line.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.