Japan Airlines Joins American, Delta and Gol to Offer Gogo TV
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The past few weeks have been eventful for Gogo. The outfit best known for equipping aircraft with inflight Wi-Fi systems is also serving up live television with select partners. At the end of September, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and Gol Linhas Aéreas went live with Gogo TV on certain planes. Starting later this month, Japan Airlines and its subsidiary Japan Transocean Air are offering live TV to its passengers through the same service.
Live IPTV is delivered through Gogo’s first generation Ku satellite system or Gogo 2Ku high-speed satellite connectivity system. Japan Airlines currently flies with Gogo Ku and Japan Transocean Air features Gogo 2Ku. Gogo TV delivers live television programming, including sports and news, with customized content in Japanese for its latest airline partners.
All told, five carriers with more than 635 aircraft are flying with Gogo TV. Content can be delivered to passengers’ Wi-Fi-enabled personal electronic devices or integrated into an airline’s seatback entertainment system, while channel options are customized by the airline.
Blane Boynton, SVP of Product Management at Gogo, said of the service: “Passengers expect live TV and video in the cabin with the consistency and quality they experience on their couches at home, but there are unique challenges to delivering new inflight TV and video products and services. Unlike legacy live TV systems with a dedicated TV antenna, Gogo’s satellite antennas supports both the fastest connectivity available to passengers and live TV.”
Featured image courtesy of Gogo.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.